simple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple question

if i purchase the $160 license and after i download vbulletin, can i have all the vbulletin forums i want, just hosted in other servers?

another thing... i know im crazy asking this cause you'll most probably say no, but a single 'try' wont hurt. anyway, can you make the very oldest version of vbulletin for free for those people (like me) that really really really want vbulletin but just can't afford it? i mean, i always wanted vbulletin, since it has everything i've wanted for my forum, but since i can't pay $160 for it, then i had to stick with IPB1.3 and phpbb so can you make at least the oldest version for free?...

You may only use each license for one installation. If you want to install it on multiple places you'll need a license for each.

And no, you wouldn't want a vbulletin 1, even if it were free.
    As far as I know phpBB is better than vB1 was, and additionally, vB1 most likely has security risks.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

wat if i make 2 forums with vbulletin hosted in the same server but with another name?

wat bout vb2? cant vb2 be free?

Comment

Originally posted by tachu
        wat bout vb2? cant vb2 be free?
        No. People still use it, and it's still officially supported. Jelsoft has said nothing about making a free version of vB.
        wat if i make 2 forums with vbulletin hosted in the same server but with another name?
        That would require two licences.

Comment

Per the license agreement:

vBulletin licence grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each licence purchased. Each licence may power one instance of the Software on one domain. For each installed instance of the Software, a separate licence is required. Modifications to the software or database to circumvent the one-license-one-board rule are prohibited.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

ok so theres no vb for free (and jelsoft dont think bout makin it), and if i do buy the $160 license, then i can have only 1 forum? well, i guess i'll have to stick again with ipb1.3 (it's the best one free).......
            thats bad... but oh well, maybe when i get more money i'll buy it.....

Comment

You can have UNLIMITED Forums/Categories/etc. You just do not have unlimited installations

See the Multiple domains and the license agreement . That should hopefully clear some things up
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

yea i understand that. wat i don't like is that i can have only 1 board. i mean, i can't have 2 separate boards for example, www.my1stboard.com and www.my2ndboard.com . i need 2 licenses for that, wich will be a total of $320, thts what i don't like. if it's $160, wich it's a lot of money, you should let us have multiple boards. get it?

Comment

160$ actually isn't that much. There are many clients that have multiple licenses.

Also, you could buy a leased license temporarily if you can't get that much money together.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Comment

im 14. i dont have much money but i always wanted vbulletin. i've spent 2 much time with IPB1.3 and phpbb and a little with proboards, and im SICK OF THEM.
                    as i said before, i always wanted vbulletin, since it's the best forum thing out there (i think)...... but waht if i buy it then my forum is unsuscesful?

btw, sorry for my bad english, i speak mostly spanish

Comment

So buy one license.
                      If your forum is unsucessful, use the license for your other forum instead.

And being young doesn't mean that you can't earn money. Mow lawns or something
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Comment

Why don't you combine them? What's so bad about that?

Comment

im 14. i dont have much money but i always wanted vbulletin. i've spent 2 much time with IPB1.3 and phpbb and a little with proboards, and im SICK OF THEM.
                          as i said before, i always wanted vbulletin, since it's the best forum thing out there (i think)...... but waht if i buy it then my forum is unsuscesful?

btw, sorry for my bad english, i speak mostly spanish
                          Heh. I got my first vB license when I was 13, I now have 3 and I'm only just 15. Save a little, aint that hard. And it was even more expensive for me, since I'm an Aussie and the currency conversion rate sucked in '04.

Best thing to do as for your unsuccessful/successful, go out and use IPB, if your forum is successful, purchase a vB license, and then use the free impex software to transfer your users / posts / categories / forums over to your vB installation.

Simple, I have done a few such transitions myself.

Comment

can i upgrade to vbulletin from a ProBoards forum?

So buy one license.
                            If your forum is unsucessful, use the license for your other forum instead.
                            wat ya mean by that?

Comment

You said
                              .. but waht if i buy it then my forum is unsuscesful?
                              and I answered by stating that you can use your vBulletin license on another forum if one isn't sucessful.
                              Best Regards
                              Colin Frei

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X