Cleaning up member messes without their password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning up member messes without their password

I just posted a question I have about how to deal with Parachat, since with UBB Classic I look up members' passwords and manually enter people into Parachat. Then, I went I went back to my UBB board to do some maintenance and I came came across another concern I have since vBulletin doesn't allow access to passwords.

I need to do some cleanup on my UBB Classics board for a member who messed up by starting a poll instead of a thread. Typically I would take the thread off the board, log in as a member, and copy and paste their post to a new thread (instead of a poll). If there were responses before I caught it, I would take the thread off the board, manually sew in the response to the newly created thread, possibly even change the time stamp on the original post to make it accurate, upload it back to my holding section, make sure it works properly, then put it back in the original forum.

How would someone do something like this in vBulletin -- especially since vBulletin doesn't allow access to passwords? Is there a way that I can log in as someone and clean up their unintentional messes, then put the corrected thread back on the board?

You can fully edit, duplicate, merge, split, etc. threads in vBulletin without having to login as them.

Also, there is no distinction between a Thread and a Poll. It is simply a Thread with or without a Poll attached to the first post.

Posting/Editing 'as a user' is not possible at this time. And editing the timestamp of a post would require EITHER installing one of the plugins from vbulletin.org that lets you make these kinds of changes to posts/threads, or digging into the MySQL database (not recommended!).

Comment

Well that's darn cool! Thank you for responding, Feldon. And, I gotta tell you that it would be awfully nice to be able to merge threads with a few simple clicks of a button.

Getting out my credit card as we speak.

Comment

And to add to that, as an admin, you can easily remove a poll off of a thread also.
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

With inline moderation tools, you can save yourself tonns of mouse clicking while moving/copying/merging/deleting threads. PS Welcome to Vbulletin
          @[email protected]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X