Interfacing to vBulletin Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interfacing to vBulletin Security

I intend to set up a web site and have visitors register (and eventually pay) to use the services there. One of the services would be forums, for which I would use vBulletin. Since I only want people to log in once and have access to all the services, one approach is to use vBulletin to authenticate the user. This makes even more sense, since vBulletin can handle paid subscriptions.

Is this do-able without too much difficulty? Are there "public" vBulletin functions for authenticating users? Is it possible to modify the registration page to send users back to my home page after successful registration?

Thanks in advance,
    Bruce

ntegrating vBulletin with a non-vB member system would require a rather extensive modification ofthe code. Of course, we cannot provide official support for code modifications. What most people do is modify their current system to use the vB member system.

Either way the place for help with this would be over at the mod site: http://www.vbulletin.org/

Once you register you can post in the Pre-Sales forum there.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

My thought was to have my site use the vB member system. (My site doesn't exist yet, so it makes more sense not to have to create a security system if I will be incorporating vB.)

I'll check out the mod site and learn more there.

Thanks for your quick response!

Bruce

Comment

Alot of us have built our sites by essentially using vbulletin as the backend since it has an extensive permissions system, robust templates and of course, member system.

If you wanted to start a thread at vb.org listening what your trying to accomplish specifically as far as the rest of your site goes, I am sure we may be able to point you towards existing modifications that may help you along your away.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X