Not sure whether this is possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure whether this is possible

I need to have a senario where my users are given a welcome page where they can select what area they represent, and be taken to a forum with only other users that have selected that area... If you get what I mean...

I dont really want to have a sepperate install for each area as there are nearing 50 at the mo.

Can anyone think of a way to implement this in vBulletin (or any other forum for that matter)

Many thanks

Doug

Yes, this is possible for registered members.

An example would be my own web site www.vbulletin-language.com where guests and new members can view a general forum, but they can go to a link to join public joinable usergroups. (you could add those links to your homepage to select from), if they choose that usergroup other forums (in my example: language development forums) appear.

Try it out,
    user: test
    pass: test

You can go to the usercp > usergroups > select a language and reload the forum index.php again, you will see that the forums for that particular language has appeared. Those pre-set links from the usercp can also be put as normal html links anywhere on any page.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X