PHPBB Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB Import

I'm looking at moving a Mambo/PHPBB site over to Mambo/Vbulletin. I'm past caring about userbase integration issues due to the upgrade hassles that they can entail. I've become something of a purist.

I'm using a hacked version of Mambo, that I will be returning to it's original form. But it also made some changes to phpbb. Mainly that phpbb uses the Mambo usertables to store it's userbase in.

The phpbb import script, can it be modified to move the posts over, and then move the user information from a different table then normal.

If we move to VB (And this really is our last point, I think). Would there be any support for assisting us with this? I know there wouldn't be full support, but a little would be helpful.

Thanks
    David

Since this is codehacking, much of the support will be coming from vBulletin.org. Not a whole lot of support will be given here as it isn't dealing with just vBulletin, but another product as well .
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I assume there is no way to port the user info back into the phpBB tables?

An option would be to dump the user table in a CSV format and use the CSV import from ImpEX. If the passwords are encrypted, this may be a bit of a problem.

Send a support request detailing this and I will pass it on to Jerry, our importer dev. He may be interested in modifying a phpBB importer to work for this. It would get him closer to his Holy Grail of 100 importers

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/sendmessage.php
      Webmaster:
      @forumz

Comment

Right on.. I can't open a support ticket, as we haven't bought the license yet.. But the enthusiasim here makes me hopeful that all will be well.. I'm going to go ahead and recommend that the purchase be made.

Thanks for your time, and I'll be back soon...

Thanks
        David

Comment

Actually, clicking that link will generate a ticket in our support system. We answer pre-sales questions there, too
          Webmaster:
          @forumz

Comment

But as i know , there is no transfering tool from phpBB into VB , is there ?

Comment

Yes, we have an import script for phpBB. You can read about it here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...06&postcount=2
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X