I was wondering if this is illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering if this is illegal

If I got 6 leased licenses for $73 each and sold them to people for $76 to people I host would that be a violation of some sort?

According to this part of the license agreement, I'd say yes:
    The Software is licensed only to you. You may not rent, lease, sublicence, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of Jelsoft.
    You might want to wait on an official Jelsoft statement though.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

You'll have to contact jelsoft and ask their express permission, once you have such permission, and ONLY, once you have such permission, may you even think of doing it. I know from personal experience, it is incredibly difficult to try and obtain such permission. I believe they only added the "without the prior written consent of Jelsoft" part for very rare circumstances, ( e.g. contracts or deals made directly with Jelsoft ).

Comment

We don't allow resaling like this. What you plan on doing is actually the first indicator of fraud in our experience. If you want to make money off of selling vBulletin, please join our affiliate program - http://www.vbulletin.com/affiliate.php
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            We don't allow resaling like this. What you plan on doing is actually the first indicator of fraud in our experience. If you want to make money off of selling vBulletin, please join our affiliate program - http://www.vbulletin.com/affiliate.php
            I did, and i sold one, but i never got the money.
            You know you can't live without vBulletin!

Comment

maybe it was a leased license so you only made $20 and you need to make money by getting at least $25.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
                According to this part of the license agreement, I'd say yes:
                The Software is licensed only to you. You may not rent, lease, sublicence, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of Jelsoft.
                You might want to wait on an official Jelsoft statement though.

what it says is that u may not sell the software. The software in my eyes is the php files etc. Does it say anything abuot selling the license, which in my eyes is the customer number and license number???
                My site
                www.coolservice.dk

Comment

No, but you need to wait 3 months before transfering any licenses.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X