Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Spacefreak2
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    This is very strange. I have checked the permissions for your usergroup and that forum (vBulletin 3 Graphics and Other Resources) and you do have access to download and view attachments in that forum.
    Oddly enough, now those 2 attachments are viewable to me. I swear that they weren't when I included those links in my post.

Thanks again to all here. This is a classic example of a polite staff helping out an overly-frustrated vB newbie. I appreciate it.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Spacefreak2
    replied
    Originally posted by somedudeer
    Well, for vBulletin support being 'crap' I disagree. I found it very quick, and helpful.
    Reply time was never an issue. It's more or less my frustration with the entire community. Of the projects I've been involved in, I have never had as much impeded access (in general) as I have had with the vB world.

I'm just so used to, when I am working, jumping around to numerous boards and forums, looking for the solutions I need to implement, and moving on as I'm slamming out my project. I get my work done faster, I retain vital momentum, and with my time savings I am able to contribute back to the communities.

So far, my 14-day experience with the vB world has been met with too much stopping and restarting for my liking.

The most ridiculous vB-related (unofficial) site I visited requires one to be registered for 15 days and to have made 15 posts before viewing attachments. For a guy searching for a quick style or button set as he's slamming out a board, those requirements are flat-out asinine.

I appreciate the fast replies to both my support request and this thread by vB staff members. I just wish the ENTIRE vB world was a lot more open.

Leave a comment:

• somedudeer
    replied
    Well, for vBulletin support being 'crap' I disagree. I found it very quick, and helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    If any of the third party sites (which of course we have no control over as Jelsoft staff ..) are mine please PM me the threads to which you don't get any replies to and I will try to look into those outside my work hours. If you have doubts which sites are mine I could PrivMsg them to you if you want.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is very strange. I have checked the permissions for your usergroup and that forum (vBulletin 3 Graphics and Other Resources) and you do have access to download and view attachments in that forum.

Could you PM me your user password so I can login as you to see if I have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• Spacefreak2
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    P.S. I found one support ticket from your address. The username you said you regisetered with did not exist on these forums.
    Let me again respecify that some of my complaints also had to do with 3rd-party sites which I know are unaffiliated and are beyond your control. When I get down to business, it's pretty much imperative that I be able to research and surf unimpeded. You caught a little of that frustration here.

With that said, I've been changing my registered email addresses in the members' support area and control panel in hopes of finally getting one of them to provide me with access to downloads. Hence, you probably checked after I had processed one of these changes.

It looks as if I am viewing attachments now, which is good

As for the attachments I can't view (ala "Spacefreak2, you do not have permission to access this page..."), here are just a few of the threads with said attachments...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120853
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132176

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    P.S. I found one support ticket from your address. The username you said you regisetered with did not exist on these forums.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You are showing up as 'licensed' and should have no problems downloading files from these forums. If you are still having this problem, let me know the URL to the post that is causing this issue for you.

What are the support ticket ID numbers you sent to us?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I am sorry to hear that your support experience with vBulletin has been a pain for you. Basicly, all you had to do was enter the email you regged with on this forum in a forum, and you're setup. Just like you are now. You're showing up perfectly fine as a licensed customer. You should be able to download, I don't see why you would receive an error.

Leave a comment:

• Spacefreak2
    started a topic Such an annoying array of communities

Such an annoying array of communities

First off, I am not a complainer by nature. As a matter of fact, in my 8 years of working with/on the web and dealing with literally hundreds of companies, this is the 2nd complaint I've ever made about any of them. So here we go...

It's been 2 weeks since I purchased the first of 2 licenses (+ 1 brand-free option) for a total of $440, and I've had nothing but the biggest pain-in-the-ass experiences. The actual vB3.0.7 application and its installation were breezes, but dealing with both "official" and unofficial communities sucks.

On vBulletin.com, I still cannot view attachments. I've done the support thing, following all directions to a "T" - members section, register email addresses, include license numbers. Still no access.

Unoffical forums blow, too. The consistent need to register to view anything at these forums is such a pain-in-the-ass.

I was under the impression that if I spent hundreds of dollars on vBulletin, I'd at least be able to view some styles, mod screenshots, etc.. But no. aparently I am also required to spend hours engaging in streams of support requests and emails to view or download these "free" attachments. It's not free if I have to spend significant portions of my work sessions engaging in communications to try and get access to stuff I thought would be included in my investment.

The last thing I feel like doing at the moment is filing another support request with my license numbers, only to receive a response telling me that non-licensed members can post in the Pre-sales forum, or the canned response directions that have gotten me nowhere.

My patience is toast at this point. I don't know what more I can do, other than write off my $440 investment (or file a claim to my Ccard company) and ditch this entire platform. It's a shame, because the core application is so good. It's just that the operators of these offical and unoffical vBulletin communities are so damn hell-bent on making everything else such a nuisance and waste of my precious time.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X