Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My former admin hacked me, I need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My former admin hacked me, I need help!!

I recently fired my admin on my forums and don't have the information I need to get into the support forums now for some reason, however, after I removed my admin from the forums, he hacked into them and changed my password and then replaced my email with a hotmail account so I couldn't retrieve the new password.

How do I fix this?

I logged into the server to try and find what he did to fix it but I have no idea what I'm looking for exactly.

Is there any way I can fix it?

Thank you

Did you buy vBulletin yourself or did he buy it for you?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

If you have access to the server itself:
      Go to the db administration (phpmyadmin?) and locate the record for your username, and change the email address back. Then FTP into your account, locate '/includes/config.php' and remove any trace of his user ID number from that file, and add yours in as 'uneditable' and 'superadmin'. Then change your FTP password so he can't just change it back (if he had access).
      Get your password, change it right away, and edit the former admin's status to banned.

If you have the above access, but aren't sure how to do all that, let me know via PM and I'll give you a hand.

Comment

Not only FTP, but also cpanel if the server has that option.
        I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

I was assuming it was a master account, in which case the FTP and cPanel are the same user : pass.

Comment

Sticky: Why Can't I Post or Download Files?

Please read and follow those instructions in order to receive support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X