Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Questions

How exactly do I test my server? I use lunarpages.com
    2nd. Can someone explain exactly how after I buy a license do I download and upload the Vbulletin to my server? I am very limited to what I know about this kind of stuff. Right Now I use SMF because Lunarpages offers it for free and the install was just a click of a button. But VBulletin seems to have a lot more options and themes, so I really want to switch.

Thanks for the help,
    Jayson
    showoffride.com

Originally posted by Jayy042
    How exactly do I test my server? I use lunarpages.com
    2nd. Can someone explain exactly how after I buy a license do I download and upload the Vbulletin to my server? I am very limited to what I know about this kind of stuff. Right Now I use SMF because Lunarpages offers it for free and the install was just a click of a button. But VBulletin seems to have a lot more options and themes, so I really want to switch.

Thanks for the help,
    Jayson
    showoffride.com
    Hi,

To test your server, you would have to download this file and upload it to your site and run it. Your host needs to support php and mysql for vBulletin to work. After you buy a license, you can download vBulletin in the members area and upload it to your site and install it. Then you would download Impex in your member's area to convert your SMF forum to vBulletin. Hope this helps...

Derek
    <Onimua> Congrats Chroder
    <Onimua> You're a daddy.
    <Chroder> eh
    <Onimua> :)
    <Chroder> uh oh

Comment

Do I have to change anything on the server test?
      when I uploaded the test file to my practice site http://www.jztoys.com/toyforum/database_conflicts.php

it says
      Warning: main(./global.php3): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/buysta2/public_html/toyforum/database_conflicts.php on line 5

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php3' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/buysta2/public_html/toyforum/database_conflicts.php on line 5

Comment

Do not run the database_conflicts file. That is to check older vB databases, not to test your server. You need to run the vb_test.php file that derekivey linked to.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I can't get to the link posted above; I'm not sure why. Is there another link?

Jayy042, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
          1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
          2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Comment

Try this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103980
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have heard that lunar pages isn't the best host for vbulletin forums. You may want to look into an alternate host and I hear that site5.com, asmallorgange.com, and 10for10.com are good hosts.

Vbulletin is a good product and I think you will like it
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
                I have heard that lunar pages isn't the best host for vbulletin forums. You may want to look into an alternate host and I hear that site5.com, asmallorgange.com, and 10for10.com are good hosts.

Vbulletin is a good product and I think you will like it
                Correct.

Lunarpages are a bunch of paranoid people. They have vB, IPB, MovableType along with a lot of other scripts on their banned spcripts list. If you use them, voila, you are kicked out.

I'd recommend Site5. I am with them and they are plain awesome.
                =)

Comment

NBSdesignz.com has good hosting too
                  <Onimua> Congrats Chroder
                  <Onimua> You're a daddy.
                  <Chroder> eh
                  <Onimua> :)
                  <Chroder> uh oh

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X