New vbulletin files with existing database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New vbulletin files with existing database

A database has vbulletin tables and some data. vbulletin files on server are deleted/removed.

If I purchase a license then could I use the existing data and users with new vbulletin files/structure

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Nohani
    A database has vbulletin tables and some data. vbulletin files on server are deleted/removed.

If I purchase a license then could I use the existing data and users with new vbulletin files/structure

Thanks in advance

If you upload the files of the same version then it should work. Or you could perhaps upload the files of the new version and run the upgrade script.
    =)

Comment

Thanks adguru

one more question, from any table in the db, could I figure out which version was being used?

Comment

Thanks adguru

one more question, from any table in the db, could I figure out which version was being used?
        You won't need to if you are upgrading. However, if you want to keep your existing version (which I won't recommend) then I am sorry, I got no idea how to do that via DB. I'll wait for someone else to answer that.
        =)

Comment

We can help you with that once you purchase a license.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can check the server in the "template" table it has the version of it, just look at the default style id and the version

but u prolly cant see this as my posts are moderated cause vb staff are noobs

Comment

purchased ... and solved

thanks

Comment

purchased ... and solved

thanks

Glad to hear that.
                =)

Comment