Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Related Question

Hi,

My license won't expired untill next year and I am not gonna use vBulletin but I don't want to sell it or transfer to anybody but I want to let somebody use my license. It that possbile?

I can provide them my customer # for the installation then I change the url where they installed my license on member's area?

Just wondering,

Please reply as soon as possible,

Thanks,

Originally posted by License Agreement
    The Software is licensed only to you. You may not rent, lease, sublicence, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of Jelsoft.
    There have been issues with this type of arrangement both recently and in the past.
    Once you decide to use the license, the other person must either remove the software from their site or purchase their own license, and that's where the stickiness comes in. If they do not wish to purchase, and do not remove the software, you are still responsible for it, therefore you cannot install it on your own site without violating the license agreement because:

Originally posted by License Agreement
    You undertake to;
    • ensure that, prior to use of the Software by your employees or agents, all such parties are notified of the terms of this Agreement; and
    • hold all data (including object and source codes), software listings and all other information relating to the Software confidential and not at any time, during the period of the licence or after its expiry, disclose the same whether directly or indirectly to any third party without Jelsoft's consent.
    This type of arrangement has caused us many headaches and taken up a lot of time for the Support Team that should have been devoted to helping customers with valid issues.
    While we cannot stop you from installing the software on any single site you wish to, we will not become involved in the dispute if one should arise. If your friends decide not to remove the software and you install it on your own site as well, your license could very well be revoked for violation of the license agreement.
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

Can vBulletin do anything about it if the person that using my license is not willing to remove or purchase his own license?

I will do the installation for him then I will go into my member's area and put the url where I installed my vb license AND WHAT IF this guy turn his back against me and I report to vBulletin. Can you vBulletin do anything about it? I mean like get my license back to me as normal as before?

I bought vB license because I like the fact that vB is powerful and the easiest board to use with alot of features that I wanted, especially modification. Now with version 3.5 then 4 soon...what can i ask more. Even though I don't run vBulletin on any website but I am willing to renew my member's area once a year to see and test out new features.

I don't wanna sell or transfer it to anybody because I like to keep it as for some kind of investment.

Since I don't use my license and I want this person this use it because he can't afford to buy a license or he don't want to and he's willing to give me some kind of return such as place some banner ads on his website.

Thanks,
      Last edited by dlk; Mon 18 Jul '05, 7:43pm.

Comment

What you could do is keep the forum under your control and ask you have constant access to the FTP. If your friend does something and an issue comes up, you can take it off line and nuke the forum
        Kim

Comment

Originally posted by dlk
          Can vBulletin do anything about it if the person that using my license is not willing to remove or purchase his own license?

I will do the installation for him then I will go into my member's area and put the url where I installed my vb license AND WHAT IF this guy turn his back against me and I report to vBulletin. Can you vBulletin do anything about it? I mean like get my license back to me as normal as before?
          You can report his site for piracy, and it will go through the normal procedure, but until his site is removed, your license would remain locked.
          Webmaster:
          @forumz

Comment

ignor what vb says, do what you want! i do

Comment

really cool

Comment

I thought the "licensed" site was the one that you chose to list in your profile? If that was the case and dlk changed his license to point to his site - wouldnt the other site that refused to remove the license be in violation at that point? Or am I missing another key point about how you the purchasing user set your URL for your license?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X