• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    i need to renew, dunno if i will as my posts are moderated. wish is rude

Leave a comment:

• CSDominion
    replied
    Originally posted by feldon23
    As Steve keeps reminding me, you don't have to pay $30 every year, only $30 when you want to download a new version and your access has expired.
    I didnt realize that - now I'm REALLY a happy camper. Just wish I had checked paypal before I bought my license. I needed to update my CC's exp date - so it pulled cash from my checking account which wont clear until the 20th I want my license LOL

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by Pure Evil
    So it costs more every year?
    As Steve keeps reminding me, you don't have to pay $30 every year, only $30 when you want to download a new version and your access has expired.

Leave a comment:

• CSDominion
    replied
    It either costs you £43 per year for a leased license or £82 for an owned license, plus £17 per year for updates.

my examples on cost were what you'd spend using each of the 2 options - based on running those options for X number of years.

Leave a comment:

• Pure Evil
    replied
    So it costs more every year?

Leave a comment:

• CSDominion
    replied
    If you buy the owned license - it costs £82.00 for the license - and you'll pay $30 (thats listed in US Dollars BTW - so roughly £17.00) each year for continued updates.

This means your cost running the board for the given ammount of years are:
    1 year -- £82 total
    2 years - £99 total
    3 years - £116 total
    4 years - £133 total
    etc

If you buy the leased license - it costs £43.00. After the year lease is up - you are no longer authorized to run the message board software. So to continue to run the board you would have to renew the lease for another £43.00, and so on.

This means your cost running the board for the given ammount of years are:
    1 year -- £43 total
    2 years - £86 total
    3 years - £129 total
    4 years - £172 total
    etc

SO - if you plan to use vBulletin for 2 years and 2 years only - its cheaper to lease. If you plan to use vBulletin for 3 or more years - it is cheaper to buy the license and pay the yearly upkeep.

Leave a comment:

• Pure Evil
    replied
    Thank you all

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Updates are included in the price of the leased license and for your first year of an Owned License. After that first year, updates are $30.00 per year. This is approximately £17 at this time but can fluctuate.

Leave a comment:

• Pure Evil
    replied
    Thanks for your help...
    Are updates alot? Around £30?
    So if i bought a Leased Lisence i would have the lisence for 1 year and have access to free updates and products, but have to renew it yearly and only use it on one site per year (Correct me please if i am wrong on that final part)? But if i had an Owned Lisence i would have the lisence for ever but have to pay for all the updates and products....

Thanks again for the help

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    This problem is coming up often enough that I encourage Jelsoft to make 1 the default and have a separate popup field for "Group Discount" or "Quantity Discount" with 2, 3-5, etc.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    There is no set timeframe. Releases come when they are needed to be release. Rest assure, there are releases, just that there's no set timetable

Leave a comment:

• Pure Evil
    replied
    How much are updates earlier/monthly then? Thats another thing, when do updates come in? Yearly? Monthly? Randomly any time?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Sure, but in the long run an owned license is cheaper.

And I know that I'll probably be using a forum on one site or another in a year or two

Leave a comment:

• Pure Evil
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F
    That's the price if you buy one or two licenses.
    If you buy three or more licenses, the price per license goes down a bit.

I guess it depends on how long you plan to run the board. Personally I prefer the owned licenses, as I know I'll always have a website that could use a forum.
    But yet so could Leased Licence run a forum...???
    Last edited by Pure Evil; Sun 17 Jul '05, 12:40pm.

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft
    replied
    That means that if you buy 1-2, they are 82 each. As you buy more, their cost, each, goes down.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X