Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand...

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php?step=1
    I'm a tiny bit confused on how to system works...
    Says: 1-2 £82.00 (Pounds Sterling)....
    1-2 what? Lisences? If it does mean that, means that i can have two lisences for the same as one? Buy one get one free :P And i take it that mean its a perm lisence yes?

Personally, what do you think is cheaper, paying yearly by renewing it, and getting free updates (Am i right?) Or paying for in perm and paying for updates after 1 year for ever?

Thanks and sorry if i ask obvious questions...

That's the price if you buy one or two licenses.
    If you buy three or more licenses, the price per license goes down a bit.

I guess it depends on how long you plan to run the board. Personally I prefer the owned licenses, as I know I'll always have a website that could use a forum.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

That means that if you buy 1-2, they are 82 each. As you buy more, their cost, each, goes down.
      vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
        That's the price if you buy one or two licenses.
        If you buy three or more licenses, the price per license goes down a bit.

I guess it depends on how long you plan to run the board. Personally I prefer the owned licenses, as I know I'll always have a website that could use a forum.
        But yet so could Leased Licence run a forum...???
        Last edited by Pure Evil; Sun 17 Jul '05, 12:40pm.

Comment

Sure, but in the long run an owned license is cheaper.

And I know that I'll probably be using a forum on one site or another in a year or two
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

How much are updates earlier/monthly then? Thats another thing, when do updates come in? Yearly? Monthly? Randomly any time?

Comment

There is no set timeframe. Releases come when they are needed to be release. Rest assure, there are releases, just that there's no set timetable
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

This problem is coming up often enough that I encourage Jelsoft to make 1 the default and have a separate popup field for "Group Discount" or "Quantity Discount" with 2, 3-5, etc.

Comment

Thanks for your help...
                  Are updates alot? Around £30?
                  So if i bought a Leased Lisence i would have the lisence for 1 year and have access to free updates and products, but have to renew it yearly and only use it on one site per year (Correct me please if i am wrong on that final part)? But if i had an Owned Lisence i would have the lisence for ever but have to pay for all the updates and products....

Thanks again for the help

Comment

Updates are included in the price of the leased license and for your first year of an Owned License. After that first year, updates are $30.00 per year. This is approximately £17 at this time but can fluctuate.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

If you buy the owned license - it costs £82.00 for the license - and you'll pay $30 (thats listed in US Dollars BTW - so roughly £17.00) each year for continued updates.

This means your cost running the board for the given ammount of years are:
                        1 year -- £82 total
                        2 years - £99 total
                        3 years - £116 total
                        4 years - £133 total
                        etc

If you buy the leased license - it costs £43.00. After the year lease is up - you are no longer authorized to run the message board software. So to continue to run the board you would have to renew the lease for another £43.00, and so on.

This means your cost running the board for the given ammount of years are:
                        1 year -- £43 total
                        2 years - £86 total
                        3 years - £129 total
                        4 years - £172 total
                        etc

SO - if you plan to use vBulletin for 2 years and 2 years only - its cheaper to lease. If you plan to use vBulletin for 3 or more years - it is cheaper to buy the license and pay the yearly upkeep.

Comment

So it costs more every year?

Comment

It either costs you £43 per year for a leased license or £82 for an owned license, plus £17 per year for updates.

my examples on cost were what you'd spend using each of the 2 options - based on running those options for X number of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Evil
                              So it costs more every year?
                              As Steve keeps reminding me, you don't have to pay $30 every year, only $30 when you want to download a new version and your access has expired.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X