Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Price

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vBulletin Price

    Is there any form of vBulletin that is free?

  • #2
    No, but thanks for playing.

    Comment


    • #3
      take a look at http://www.ovbb.org/

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello there,

        Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software and for contacting sales.

        vBulletin is a commercial software product and costs $85/$160 depending which license you purchase.

        There is no free version or shareware version we could offer you. We can offer you a discount if you purchase in bulk.

        We're looking forward to your order,

        Comment


        • #5
          Everybody wants something for nothing.
          Last edited by jb4e; Mon 11th Jul '05, 1:19pm.

          Comment


          • #6
            If it was free, than you'ld have those measly hackers at it all day...now the hackers atleast have to pay for it

            Comment


            • #7
              Bug your friends, save a few $$ in a jar, etc. When either $85 or $160 is reached, license time!

              Some families spend that in one shot at the movies.
              Kim

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jb4e
                Everybody wants something for nothing.
                nothing wrong with that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KimmiKat
                  Bug your friends, save a few $$ in a jar, etc. When either $85 or $160 is reached, license time!

                  Some families spend that in one shot at the movies.
                  maybe he has money.

                  I personally, go by a "code" that I will never pay for software... kinda broke that code by puchasing vB, but that's not the point.

                  some people don't see any value in software. I know I don't. Right now, I feel like I just wasted 85 bucks that I could have spent on the movies

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm sure you will change your mind soon

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zachery
                      I'm sure you will change your mind soon
                      I'll let you know when it starts to pay off.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by brinnie
                        maybe he has money.

                        I personally, go by a "code" that I will never pay for software... kinda broke that code by puchasing vB, but that's not the point.

                        some people don't see any value in software. I know I don't. Right now, I feel like I just wasted 85 bucks that I could have spent on the movies
                        I guess the same people don't see in value in cars, houses, computers, tvs, phones, radios etc. Point is you couldn't build or make something yourself, or didn't have the spare time to do it, so you traded something of equal value (your money) for someone else to do the work for you.

                        Granted there are free scripts out there, some of them good some of them bad. I can get a free tv in real life to, but there is no garuntee that it will work and no one there to help me when it breaks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I for one have been through 6 or 7 freeware forum softwares. And I feel that I got more than my moneys worth with VB & will be purchasing other licenses in the future. The freeware just doesn't have the bells & whistles I want!

                          My 2 cent.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Brad.loo
                            I guess the same people don't see in value in cars, houses, computers, tvs, phones, radios etc. Point is you couldn't build or make something yourself, or didn't have the spare time to do it, so you traded something of equal value (your money) for someone else to do the work for you...
                            Maybe that would fly in America...

                            PHP Code:
                            <?php 
                             
                               $my_reasoning 
                            'relative';
                               
                            $my_community'non_profit';
                             
                            ?>
                            but that's just me, I create things for productions sake. Other people's reasoning might go a little further than just doing a nice deed. i.e: how much did you pay for FireFox?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by brinnie
                              Maybe that would fly in America...

                              PHP Code:
                              <?php 
                               
                                 $my_reasoning 
                              'relative';
                                 
                              $my_community'non_profit';
                               
                              ?>
                              but that's just me, I create things for productions sake. Other people's reasoning might go a little further than just doing a nice deed. i.e: how much did you pay for FireFox?
                              I really don't see why my location has anything to do with this, last time I looked the human race has been exchanging goods for most of known history.

                              While I didn't pay anything for firefox I could have just as easily paid for something else, firefox suits me fine so I use it, if it suddenly wasn't open source anymore I would most likely pay for it (asuming the asking price was fair).

                              Same thing with vBulletin, I use it because it works for me and I havn't found anything else that does. I've tried every script under the sun and I keep coming back to vBulletin, thats why year after year I renew my license.

                              My community is non-profit aswell, honestly that should have nothing to do with your choice of software. My car is a non-profit project to but I still manage to dump money into it for no reason other then my own enjoyment. In other words don't use something that is free just because it is free, if it doesn't meet your needs then why bother, right?

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X