This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Guys Have A Gallery?

Is there a gallery that runs off the vB memberbase?

No, there's currently no official Gallery from Jelsoft.

There are third-party products that integrate with vBulletin. You might want to check at www.vbulletin.org
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

vBAdvanced has a good Gallery script. Integration and uses vBulletin to run.
      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
        No, there's currently no official Gallery from Jelsoft.

There are third-party products that integrate with vBulletin. You might want to check at www.vbulletin.org
        That sux.
        Invision has one

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
          vBAdvanced has a good Gallery script. Integration and uses vBulletin to run.
          yea, i looked around there, but i couldn't find the demo.

you wouldn't have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by brinnie
            yea, i looked around there, but i couldn't find the demo.

you wouldn't have a link?
            Right here: http://www.vbadvanced.com/products.p...roductinfo&p=5

Comment

I use that gallery myself and love it. Its deffinitely worth it.
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I took a look at it and it seems very vBish... I need a gallery that doesn't look so much like a forum, but more like... Lke a deviantART Gallery.

Any suggestions?

Comment

If you like DeviantArt, why not get an account? $30/yr.

Comment

Okay, let me rephrase...

I want my site to be 90% Gallery and 10% Forum... So in this case, vBulletin would be the hack.

Sorry if I'm sounding like I'm picky, but I really want a peticular kind of gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
                      If you like DeviantArt, why not get an account? $30/yr.
                      Got one, thanks.

But I want my own site, hello.

Comment

What exactly are you wanting? A gallery that looks and behaves almost exactly like DeviantART but on your own server, and a forum which just links in with the gallery. vBulletin isn't really written that way. Are you planning to download all the images from your DeviantART account and try to import them into whatever solution you end up buying?

There are some big photo gallery scripts out there like Menalto and Coppermine that, with duct tape and baling wire, can be made to work with vBulletin. It is tricky, to say the least, to get vBulletin to tolerate some other login system other than its own. It really wants you to login to vBulletin and then allow access to other features/scripts. If you want something more painless, you're looking at vBAdvanced, PhotoPost, and other scripts which are closely integrated with vBulletin. You can change the appearance of the gallery and/or forum quite a bit and 98% of people are happy with the results, but to make it look exactly like DeviantART would be a lot of work and impede your ability to stay current with the latest versions of vBulletin.

This may be a case of "if you're so happy with what you have, why change?"

P.S. My opinions only. I do not speak for Jelsoft/vBulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by brinnie
                          I took a look at it and it seems very vBish... I need a gallery that doesn't look so much like a forum, but more like... Lke a deviantART Gallery.

Any suggestions?
                          You can modify the vBAdvanced Gallery templated to look like whatever you want.

Comment

Mostly, I like how their profile page is layed out. It shows their thier gallery thumbnails in order they were submitted. people's usernames are username.deviantart.com . (And this is all in profile)

I like how I can go over to deviantART and like, hover over the pictures and it tells me the info.
                            And when you submit a pic, you select where you want to submit to on the upload screen, as opposed to having to navigate to that category like a forum and then in there.

That's the main features about deviantART.

Comment

bump.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X