Basic Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Questions

I am thinking about buying vbulletin, but i have a couple of questions...
    1. Can i combine this vbulletin with another vbulletin, like so each vbulletin has the same members, post count, avators, etc.
    2. Do i have to have a website to place the vbulletin on, or does it work like the demo, and we get our own website... if i have to buy a website, do you have any recommendations for where to buy a site that doesn't have ad's all over the place.

Thanks You

1. Not sure what you mean. You can import one vB with another, but there is no way for two vB forums to share the same database - at least not without heavy modification of the code.

2. You will need a web site, most likely through a web host. vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 4.1.2) and MySQL (minimum 3.23.33) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

Note, for best performance and security I recommend the following versions:

PHP 4.3.11
    MySQL 4.0.24

We do not make official recommendations regarding hosting companies. I suggest you view the vBulletin Hosting Options forum for advice from our customers:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=11
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you...
      wat i was saying was that i am considering buying a vbulletin but was wondering if you could inport all the members, avators, post counts etc. from another vbulletin to our vbulletin. If its alot of codes then don't worry about, but was wondering if you could do something like this.

Comment

Yes, we have an import script to do this.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102412
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X