vBulletin Basic Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Basic Question

Hi, I am interested in using vBulletin to create a forum. I have no experience in setting up websites. Will I be able to setup a vBulletin forum just by buying a domain name and then ordering vBulletin? Is there anything else I need to be aware of before I can setup vBulletin?

Originally posted by quddusaliquddus
    Hi, I am interested in using vBulletin to create a forum. I have no experience in setting up websites. Will I be able to setup a vBulletin forum just by buying a domain name and then ordering vBulletin? Is there anything else I need to be aware of before I can setup vBulletin?
    You will also need a host that allows PHP and MySQL. Most if not all free hosts will not be able to run Vbulletin.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

webhostingtalk.com is a good place to start or check out the Hosting Recommendations forum here.

My Opinion: Avoid ipowerweb.com, godaddy.com.

People seem to like A Small Orange

Comment

I personally use Vizaweb and Dreamhost-I find them both to be great hosts at a fair price.

Comment

I use iVolve Host. Their free plan supports PHP, PERL, cPanel, etc., and you can always upgrade to a paid plan.
            Forums

Comment

Originally posted by quddusaliquddus
              Don't forget you will also make sure you know your database username and password for the config file in order to set it up.
              Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

That seems cool

Comment

Working...
                X