security fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security fixes

Hello, i am planning on buying the $160 vbulletin license, but i there was a question that keeps worrying me each time.

After the first year has expired, can i still get security fixes/patches for free and the most quickly as possible, or should i still continue to pay $30 more every year just to get those security fixes?

And if i do have to pay for security bugfix, then how much does jelsoft pay you if you discover a security flaw in vbulletin?

I am fearing for the security issue, that's why am hesitating to get that owned license.

Security patches will be available in either the forums or the Members' Area. These fixes are not reliant on you renewing, that is for the package download only.

Comment

Just to add to what Boxy said, Security updates will 99% of the time be free and available in the announcement forum for you to apply. It does not depend on your license being active or not.

There maybe that 1% of the time where you will need to update to the latest version simply because a simple security fix won't fix the problem
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thank you very much for the info.

Also if you people might know what style this bbs is using
        http://n/m

its an old bbs (the one in the link), but i like the style, you people have any idea of what style is being used in the link i gave above?

Also are styles from vbulletin.com available freely?
        Last edited by logical.angel; Mon 25 Jul '05, 7:39am.

Comment

Yep: vBulletin 3 Style Packs. <- free

The style you pointed too looks like a few changes to the system. Shouldn't be too hard to make. But I have no idea if it is free for download.

Comment

thanks,

Comment

because i don't quite like forums being too compressed like in the the middle, i prefer em to be expanded like the one i showed you above.
              Last edited by logical.angel; Wed 6 Jul '05, 2:50am.

Comment

You can set the main table width to a fixed value like 700 pixels, or a variable value like 100%.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X