Bypassing Registration and login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bypassing Registration and login

I'm in the market for a new forum system, my snitz installation is looking a bit long in the tooth.

Thing is i'm looking for a forum that will integrate with my sites existing login/registration system. I have a user management system that controls many aspects of the site and i dont want users to have to register for another account to just use the forum.

Are there any mods out there to accomplish this? i.e just use my users existing logged in session vars or cookies to grant them access to the forum or will i have to create an extra step in my registration process to add duplicate user account entries in both the forum database and my sites main user database when users register on the site? I'm assuming theres lots of people out there that want to do the same thing so fingers crossed, the required mods have already been produced.

Anyone any ideas? thanks.

Integrating vBulletin with a non-vB member system would require a rather extensive modification of the code. Of course, we cannot provide official support for code modifications. What most people do is modify their current system to use the vB member system.

Either way the place for help with this would be over at the mod site: http://www.vbulletin.org/

Once you register you can post in the Pre-Sales forum there.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X