question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

is there a free website hosting using vbulletin? i mean, there is ipbboard.com or somthing, that you have to pay, but there is also invsionfree.com, where is free and hosted also there. is there something like that but with vbulletin?

No, there's currently nothing like that available.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

will that be available?

Comment

We have no plans to do this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          We have no plans to do this.
          maybe you should make plans.

Comment

yea, it'll be good if you do somethin like that.

Comment

Too many drawbacks for users and too many support headaches for developers. What's the upside of not having your own web hosting account?

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
                Too many drawbacks for users and too many support headaches for developers. What's the upside of not having your own web hosting account?
                not sure wat you mean.....

Comment

I think Feldon was wondering what's so bad about having your own hosting account..
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

wait wait
                    own hosting account? wats that

Comment

A webhosting account.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_hosting
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

that mean i can make like a website or somethin where people can make their own forum?

Comment

It means you can make ur own website.

Comment

well, thats kinda hard to understand.... but i want vbulletin but i cant afford it!

Comment

Originally posted by tachu
                              that mean i can make like a website or somethin where people can make their own forum?
                              Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software and for contacting vBulletin sales. Hopefully I can inform you more about our forum software.

The vBulletin forum software is a package of files that you can run on your web site once your purchase a license. The license costs $85 if you want to lease it for 12 months, or $160 if you want to run it for unlimited months.

Once you get the software you can install it on your web site. We do not offer a web site, only the forum software. You can go to a hosting provider and buy a hosting account with them. I suggest to go look for a hosting provider that offers a shared hosting solution. Make sure they support PHP and offer you one or more MySQL databases. And something between 5 to 10 GB traffic per month. Examples of hosting providers can be found using Google.com - Or browse through our 'hosting' forum where users share their experiences: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

If you do not know how to install vBulletin we could do this for you. Installation costs are $135. Once you have a hosting account and the details, and your vBulletin license, you can order this service.

Looking forward to your purchase, and let me know if you require any further information.

All the best,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X