This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get Vbulletin for free

Is it possible to get Vbulletin powered boards for free? please tell me there is

vBulletin costs $85 for a leased license, and $160 for a owned license. Jelsoft does not have a free version.

vBulletin is not free for download.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Oh okay then, I suppose though I really wanted this but I can't get really afford it since I am only 14, doesn't matter

Comment

Save up and take up some extra odd jobs (chores). Every penny counts . A penny saved is a penny earned
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone carr
          Oh okay then, I suppose though I really wanted this but I can't get really afford it since I am only 14, doesn't matter
          Bribe your parents.
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Rob a bank

Or due to the fact that you may actually do this, DO NOT

Satan

Comment

I heard that you can have a free license only if you develop major mods. I'm not sure.
              Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon

Comment

Don't think somebody of 14 can develop major mods, but you never know.

Comment

Well, there's a contest on the vBulletin Fansite that you can win a free owned licensed as a prize

Comment

Originally posted by Snake
                    I heard that you can have a free license only if you develop major mods. I'm not sure.
                    can't be true, only when you win some competitions that offers a free license.

One took it for a style for vb.org, a free own license.

Comment

As I said, I wasn't 100% correct. This is just what I heard from a friend. I guess he was playing games with me or something but whatever.

vBulletin cannot be distributed for free. The only way to acquire it is by ordering one. A leased license costs only 80 bucks which ain't that much expensive. If you are a designer, then you can charge people for custom templates & layouts. That's the best and quicker way for acquiring a vBulletin license.
                      Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by gamestar
                        Don't think somebody of 14 can develop major mods, but you never know.
                        I did.

However, you can't get a free license for developing mods.

EDIT: I didn't see the word "major" in there, but all the same. I'm sure if I had already known PHP/MySQL when I got a vB license, I would have made a major mod at 14.
                        Last edited by Matthew Gordon; Sat 2nd Jul '05, 9:32am.

Comment

Wait a minute, how could you develop mods without a license? You won't know the content in the files, what to change, etc.

Comment

You can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake
                              Nonsense.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X