Beyond 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond 3.5

While I await 3.5 gold before I undertake porting my system I was wondering if there was an unofficial list of features that are being considered or are slated for the next release? I see the feature request forum but was wonderig if there was anything from JelSoft.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
    PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Considering we haven't even hit final yet, I currently am unaware of any such list.

Comment

There is no unofficial or official list, but I have seen a few comments (though small) being posted by developers or staff regarding "we might seriously look into this for future releases". This is very hard to search for as you can't know the keywords beforehand, so unfortunatly I can't give you a list right now.

My idea is to just stick to what 3.5 brings first and enjoy that on my community.

Comment

This?

Comment

Nah, no "official list" but there have been hints as to what could come in the next release. Jelsoft employees have already hinted that they would rewrite the polling system, so make it more robust and feature-full.

They have also hinted at a CMS, so more vBulletin integration is probably likely.

Some other things they've hinted at are a possible warning system, new signature options, and possible new uses of AJAX throughout the forum.

Most of these are highly requested features so I'm sure they'll be added at some point, but not sure if its the next big release or not.

MGM out

Comment

The only reason I ask is due tot he amount of customizing that will be needed would make upgrading to newer releases prohibitive or at the very least a massive effort. Thuis if there were some features that I though worth waiting for I could hold off on the project for the time being.
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
            PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

The only person who knows what's going to happen in post 3.5 Gold production is time. Stuff is still being polished and added right now, so anything can happen.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Where is this time... I'd like to give him a piece of my mind

The best way to think of what is beyond 3.5 is what the user wants - If enough users request a feature, there is little choice for the devs but to bow to it

Satan

Comment

Originally posted by hellsatan
                  Where is this time... I'd like to give him a piece of my mind

The best way to think of what is beyond 3.5 is what the user wants - If enough users request a feature, there is little choice for the devs but to bow to it

Satan
                  Or provide a good reason for it not to be in (ie: security threat, server intensive, etc.)

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X