This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paid but did not receive product!!

I paid $160 for a vBulletin license this morning, and received nothing except a receipt from PayPal. I have no username or password for downloading the product, I can't post in the forum, I've sent email messages to three addresses but received no response, and I couldn't reach anyone through the support line. After waiting on hold for nearly half an hour, a dim-sounding women who said she was the "answering service" said no one was available and could I call back.

I'm pretty upset about this. I wanted to install the program this evening. What gives here???? Is this the normal way things work?

Oh - forgot to mention. I also tried the page on the Web site that's supposed to email customer info to you. I enter the email address I used for my PayPal payment, and it says the information has been sent to me. BUT NOTHING IS SENT. I've tried it 3-4 times.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, paypal transactions are handled manually? Or at least there's an expected delay. It's been a year since I did this (Mine was paypal too) and it's not right away, have patience.
      House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

Hello,

I suggest you contact [email protected] for a speedy resolution of your problem.

Comment

You're the first humans to respond to my pleas for help for the last 12 hours, and you don't even work for vBulletin! Thanks for answering.

I've sold software on the Web. When my Web site receives notification from PayPal that the customer's payment has been received, the license information is sent out instantly by a PHP script on my site. I'm amazed - flabbergasted - that vBulletin, a company that sells a product written in PHP, does not use similar technology. It's not like they don't know how to code it.

I suppose I'll get the product eventually, but this screws me up because I'm on a deadline and I wanted to install vBulletin tonight. It never occurred to me that I wouldn't receive instant access upon payment.

I've been using SMF and coding the missing pieces myself, but this is taking too much time. I saw that vBulletin has the features I need so I plunked down the money and now I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs. I just hope my member list and message base are imported properly. I saw nothing about SMF migration in any of the vBulletin documentation, but some messages posted on the forum say this is supported. With my luck it won't be.

Comment

I suggest you contact [email protected] for a speedy resolution of your problem.
            Ho ho. NOT. I've written to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]. Plus I posted a message in the support system (which I now can't figure out how to access).

Comment

What sort of payment did you use? eCheck?
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by permutations
                Ho ho. NOT. I've written to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]. Plus I posted a message in the support system (which I now can't figure out how to access).
                Did you activate the support tickets? You need to activate them before they head off to the support/sales team.

You usually get an email with details on how to activate it.
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

read marks?

By the way, could someone tell me where read-marks are stored in vBulletin? When I looked at this product a couple of years ago, they weren't stored it on the server, which is what I wanted. That's why I went with YaBB-SE and then SMF. They were the only ones who do read-marks right. When the info is stored on the client side it's routinely lost.

I recall vBulletin stored the read-marks somewhere on the client side, but I can't remember where. Cookies maybe? Does anyone know? Maybe they've fixed this weakness and they're stored on the server now?

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                    Did you activate the support tickets? You need to activate them before they head off to the support/sales team.

You usually get an email with details on how to activate it.
                    Apparently I didn't because I received nothing, and I can't remember how I got into that area anymore.

I have this funny feeling that even if I found the link, I'd have to enter a customer number to access the page. That's about how this day has been going.

Comment

Originally posted by permutations
                      By the way, could someone tell me where read-marks are stored in vBulletin? When I looked at this product a couple of years ago, they weren't stored it on the server, which is what I wanted. That's why I went with YaBB-SE and then SMF. They were the only ones who do read-marks right. When the info is stored on the client side it's routinely lost.

I recall vBulletin stored the read-marks somewhere on the client side, but I can't remember where. Cookies maybe? Does anyone know? Maybe they've fixed this weakness and they're stored on the server now?
                      If you're talking about the thread read-marking system, yes, they can be (optionally) stored in the database and does not use cookies to keep track of such information. However, you can chose to have it cookie-based instead. It's an option in the vBulletin Admin Control Panel. Should be noted that this is vBulletin 3.5.0 on.
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your recent purchase and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We've recently had a glitch in our mailing system which might have added an unforeseen delay.

If you could please provide me with a bit more information we can look into this as soon as possible.

If you still have no open sales/support ticket I kindly request you to please send me a Private Message on this forum with the PayPal transaction details and the email address you used during purchase. What also would help a great deal is which payment method you used (PayPal direct funds, credit card or eCheck)

With that information I can browse our license system and look up your customer details. And send the customer details to the email address linked to the license.

Once again, apologies for the delay and we will for sure look into this why it took so long for you to get some assistance in this.

All the best,

Comment

A quick update. I found your purchase in our customer database and it appears it is completed. You should have received the email. I also found your license and it is active. I've successfully resent your Customer ID and password to the sales [at] your domain.com email address, so please check that soon. And make sure it is not filtering out any @vBulletin.com emails in your spam filter or yunk mail filter.

As a test I've also requested the system to resent my personal license information and I've received that email. So the email system is working.

Comment

Hi Floris,

Thanks for responding.

I still have not received anything in email! I can't remember how to get into the support area. What is the link?

Comment

To get priority support on our forum you must have your customer details, so you can login to the members area (http://members.vBulletin.com/) so you can fill in your forum email address in this form: http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...t_priority.php - after which you will show up as licensed here.

I find it very strange that you do not receive any emails from us. I've done various tests to various email pop3 accounts I have and they all go through.

Please check with your hosting provider if there are any issues with the mailqueue or your POP3 account, unfortunatly there is nothing much I can do on my end to check up on your email system.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X