• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboysfan
    As you have shown.

I'm glad the one having the problems here took the "joking around" for what it was, its not like I was instigating "during the problem". Lighten up a little.
    I post here to help a customer who made a purchase, not to laugh at him.

And on that note .. thread closed.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboysfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    I don't consider it to be humor when something isn't going smoothly.
    As you have shown.

I'm glad the one having the problems here took the "joking around" for what it was, its not like I was instigating "during the problem". Lighten up a little.

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    Originally posted by Moncal
    Have you checked your spam filter?
    They got it solved, Moncal.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by permutations
    And now I've just received six more messages from vBulletin. Apparently whatever was blocking the outgoing mail has been fixed.
    LOL....i sorta get the feeling that you're feeling sorta sheepish Per

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I assumed you had a better idea than I, since you have the "inside infomation".

I was just getting a kick out of the stress this was creating for the new customer. I know, that is bad of me, but it was a humorous thread to read while it lasted.
    I don't consider it to be humor when something isn't going smoothly.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    And now I've just received six more messages from vBulletin. Apparently whatever was blocking the outgoing mail has been fixed.
    Yes. I responded to your original support ticket over three hours ago. Something was blocking both your license email and our responses in the support system. Glad you finally received them.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboysfan
    replied
    Knowing the customer details I was convinced this was the customer inconvenience and not a customer trying to trick us.
    I assumed you had a better idea than I, since you have the "inside infomation".

I was just getting a kick out of the stress this was creating for the new customer. I know, that is bad of me, but it was a humorous thread to read while it lasted.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Very strange, and I will request our site developer to look into the server logs and trace/match/compare the timestamps and dates and hopefully find any issue. But I must say, it is quite strange that every test I did went through nearly instantly for me and no other customer has complained about this yesterday or today (yet?).

Thank you nevertheless for informing us and having us look into this, we're here to provide priority assistance and also do not like it when our customers are not satisfied.

The next next for you right now is to set yourself up for priority support. The link is in the post above (#15).

Once again, our apologies for the delay and hopefully you will soon enjoy your fresh vBulletin installation.

All the best,

I was a seriously upset customer trying not to be as obnoxious about it as I really felt like being. Okay - from now on, no more humor when I'm furious. I'm just rage.

And now I'm a busy customer - must go download and install (while praying to the computer gods that my thousands of SMF messages import into vBulletin without problems...)
    Regarding your import, please be aware that 3.5 currently does not support ImpEx (or rather, ImpEx doesn't support 3.5 yet).

I advise to install 3.0.7 fresh, then ImpEx on top of it, and run the import script. Once all done, upgrade to 3.5.0 to get the latest features you're looking for.

http://www.vBulletin.com/docs/html
    http://www.vBulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Leave a comment:

• Cowboysfan
    replied
    good luck with the install, cant wait for the stable release, and for hacks to catch up so I can upgrade as well.

I love 3.0.7 though, so its not like it is hurting me to stick with this version for a while longer.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Gotta say, while following along in this thread, I couldnt tell whether you were seriously an upset customer, or someone trying to trick the staff into giving out someone's username/password.

Glad to see you got your problems worked out, and thanks for the fun reading I got at your stressful expense. You will soon find that the software you just purchased is more than worth the unusual stress you had to deal with.
    Knowing the customer details I was convinced this was the customer inconvenience and not a customer trying to trick us.

Leave a comment:

• permutations
    replied
    Gotta say, while following along in this thread, I couldnt tell whether you were seriously an upset customer, or someone trying to trick the staff into giving out someone's username/password.

Glad to see you got your problems worked out, and thanks for the fun reading I got at your stressful expense. You will soon find that the software you just purchased is more than worth the unusual stress you had to deal with.
    I was a seriously upset customer trying not to be as obnoxious about it as I really felt like being. Okay - from now on, no more humor when I'm furious. I'm just rage.

And now I'm a busy customer - must go download and install (while praying to the computer gods that my thousands of SMF messages import into vBulletin without problems...)

Leave a comment:

• permutations
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cowboysfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• permutations
    replied
    Oh hallelujah, a miracle!

My customer number has just arrived. I can feel my blood pressure descending even as I type.

Thank you, Floris.

Leave a comment:

• permutations
    replied
    I can not send you the information because I can not confirm you are that person. We have a policy on how to distribute customer sensitive information. I can see you probably do not want to hear me say this, but I hope you do understand.
    Oh puhhleeeese... You have my PayPal address. You know that's correct. Send the info to my PayPal address. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE??

Are you trying to drive me crazy on purpose? If so, it's working.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X