Post numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post numbers

Is there a way to prevent the post number from going down when you delete a thread or post? I'm referring to the number of posts a user posts.

Not in the stock version But you can use Template Conditionals to get around it I believe
    @[email protected]

Comment

not familiar with Template Conditionals, can you go more into detail?

Comment

Basically what it means is you can set different conditions inside the style template, based on certain actions/user classes
        @[email protected]

Comment

No, it would require code modification, because a deleted post is like they never posted.

I don't think that the modification itself would be that hard though...

Comment

oh, ok, what are these "hacks" I've seen people talk about on the boards?

Comment

Go over to the following link and you can read up on many board modifications. License holders can download them once their registration info is verified there.

Link: http://www.vbulletin.org
              Kim

Comment

the reason I want this is by being able to delete a post and lowering a persons post count kinda makes the post rank useless.

Comment

What do you mean the post rank ?

You should rarely have to delete a users posts I'd think...

Comment

well sometimes a user posts something that is useless, or irrelevant. Also sometimes a whole thread needs to be deleted. The rank images are where after you have posted so many posts, example 100 you get a star, 200 posts 2 stars, etc. :ets say you have 200 posts and you have two stars, then you delete a post, now you have 199 posts and only one star.

Comment

If you deleted the post, they in essance didn't delete it, why should they have the two stars?

Comment

Create a hidden "Recycle Bin" forum.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
                          Create a hidden "Recycle Bin" forum.
                          That's exactly what I've done for the past 10 years. In my opinion, it's always a good idea to keep old posts on hand. You never know when you'll need to do an investigation on a user.

Unless you have a HUGE community (with hundreds of thousands of posts), there shouldn't be any problem with a "Recycle Bin" forum.

Just my thoughts.

Bruce

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X