Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License question

Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing VBulletin but I'm confused about the number of licenses that I will need. If I am the only administrator, do I need more than one license? Or is it based on the amount of users that sign-up?

Thanks in advance,
    Joel

You need one license for every instance of vBulletin you're running.

If you want to run vBulletin on more than one domain you'll need multiple licenses.

This doesn't have anything to do with the number of users.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
      You need one license for every instance of vBulletin you're running.

If you want to run vBulletin on more than one domain you'll need multiple licenses.

This doesn't have anything to do with the number of users.
      Thanks - this is very helpful! So if I plan to use it on my website, which is the only domain I will use it on, I only need one license?

Thanks again!

Comment

Yes that is correct, as long as you only install it the once on that domain, if you wish 2 forums on the same domain you will need 2 licenses.

Comment

And you can create subforums and subcategories and change the color scheme of these different areas if you need. They would all draw from the same users of course.

Comment

You can have 1 license and have it running on 1,000 domains if you wanted, as long as they all directed to the same instance of vBulletin

Comment

I believe that yes, as long as the database they all connect to is the same, this is allowed - Not 100% sure but I believe that this is how myself and Arunan ran two domains about two years ago on one board

Satan

Comment

Both the leased and the owned license don't have any limitations (technically or by license) on the number of posts/members/administrators or sub-forums.

You will need however a seperate license for each forum that is acting as (or is) a stand-alone board. The number of url's/domains pointing at your board have no influence on the number of licenses.

Beside your public board, you are entitled to 1 non-public (.htaccess protected) test board.
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X