Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to have forum in 2 or 3 languages ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to have forum in 2 or 3 languages ?

Is it possible to configure vbulletin to where users can post in either English, Spanish or Portugese and their post can be read in any of the three languages. In other words will it translate?

I don't need to know how, I can hire it done, I just need to know if it's possible.

If possible, how big a chore are we talking?

Many Thanks

vBulletin does not come with automatic translation software between English, Spanish, and Portuguese. For one thing, this would be a huge download. For another, that kind of software usually sells for $10,000.

To do what you want would require buying server-side translation software and installing it and integrating it into vBulletin. You would probably need to hire a programmer to do the integration for you.

And in my experience, automatic translations are usually not very accurate anyway.

Comment

That would be a difficult task to accomplish, and as feldon said, automatic translators are pretty bad. What I would suggest is installing language packs so that each person will see the forum in the language they choose (buttons, registration process, etc) (not posts), and then have seperate forums for different languages if you are expecting a large number of people who speak various languages.

Comment

thanks for the advice

so then with the correct language pack, the avergage person in Argentina will be able to participate in a forum primarily run in English

they will be able to view threads posted in english, and view them in spanish, is this correct?
        Last edited by Worthen; Wed 29 Jun '05, 6:51pm.

Comment

No. The language packs only change the language of the forum instructions and labels. It does not change the language that the posts were written in.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks Steve

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X