No announcement yet.

How Hard to Install vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By shell access, you mean Linux shell, right? (I have zero Linux experience.)

Comment

vBulletin's installation process is probably the simplest of all forums I've seen. All you have to do is edit the config.php file with the proper MySQL information, run the install script, and there you have it. Installed.
      Let the flames begin.

Comment

With vbulletin the time it takes to load the files onto your host and setup a mysql database (cpanel/plesk best). Then you just click the next button 13 times or so... its quite painless.

adding styles (layouts etc depends on if you buy a style or code one your self which in it's self is quite fun) if you buy a premade layout for your forum once you have it setup it takes about 5 mins to upload art files via ftp and 15 seconds to grab style xml and updoad it ..
        Robert - Music is my caffeine!

Comment

There are many people who would install it for you without needing anything it return. But you could probably do it yourself, it's very easy.
          Could not have been put better, myself and thousands of people here will do this and help you for free! Simply because vBulletin members are unique breed community which supports one another, its brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Khaleel
            Could not have been put better, myself and thousands of people here will do this and help you for free! Simply because vBulletin members are unique breed community which supports one another, its brilliant.
            Joel of http://www.vbwebmaster.com/ did the install for me. It was really nice of him.

Comment

Installing vBulletin is AMAZINGLY easy. I was terrified I'd mess it up when I first installed it, and afterwards I was like "That's it?"

As others have said, it really is a piece of cake. Even for a novice...
              "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

It does offer very user friendly setup interface, that pretty much walks you through the proccess
                @[email protected]

Comment

It appears all the "it's easy" comments assume familiarity with online hosting environments and with Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP, of which I have none.
                  Anyway, as I said, I got help from someone and the forum is live: http://forums.33ponce.org/

Comment

On the positive note, welcome to the world of VB ... there's no turning back now, you know... Once you're here, you're here for life
                    I know violence isn't the answer . . . I got it wrong on purpose
                    Rep Owners - New forum for reptile owners/lovers
                    sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X