Vbulletin for disabled people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin for disabled people?

I run a swedish community intended for disabled people. So I have got some concerns about accesibility.
    I have tried here in this forum to change the size of the message text to larger size, but nothing happens. I use internet explorer.
    Does Vbulletin provide any other easy ways of making the message text larger, when needed?

Clone the default style and simply adjust the font sizes in the css editor. Let them choose which style to view the board with?
    House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

Something like this:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118679

I have 25% vision with my glasses on, so I like to increase size from time to time.

Comment

Floris, thanks. That's exactly what I was suggesting they do.
        House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

I guess I am fortunate, I am legally blind, use a big monitor & do ok on regular font sizes

Comment

That would be pretty cool, because I have to press CTRL + 3 times every time I load a new page in a new window/tab...

Comment

There's also the option - instead of creating many styles with fixed font sizes - of edting the fonts to be in % instead of pt. That way users can adjust the size to their liking with their browser settings.
              ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                Something like this:

I have 25% vision with my glasses on, so I like to increase size from time to time.
                Nice hack! I guess that´s exactly what I was looking for. I will probably test this hack when I have purchased Vbulletin.

Thank you!

Comment

That "hack" is a LOT of work! It's much easier to do what I suggested.

Go into Admin CP -> Style Manager -> Main CSS and change the font sizes to percent (%) instead of points (pt). Users can then change the size to their own personal liking via their browser settings.

Comment

Actually firefox will respect the increasing and decreasing of font sizes within CSS, its a IE bug.

Comment

IE will respect font sizing if it's done in percent, which is one reason why every site we design uses that method over any other.

Comment

Originally posted by cbiweb
                        That "hack" is a LOT of work! It's much easier to do what I suggested.

Go into Admin CP -> Style Manager -> Main CSS and change the font sizes to percent (%) instead of points (pt). Users can then change the size to their own personal liking via their browser settings.
                        Ok, I will consider this option. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                          Something like this:

Thank you Floris. I´ve implemented your hack at PersonligAssistent.com
                          I wasn´t difficult at all to implement it... And it works very well.

Fredrik

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X