X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

Hey
    I have IPB right now....n it went DOWN
    I m starting to HATE ipb...so i decided to switch to Vbulletin since i hear alot of stories abt it...well...i worked for 1 month to earn 85$...{i m a 16 yrs old student widout a job} so i did small online projects...

Well I cant see my site like that anymore...so if i BUY the license can u pplz PLEASE convert it for me? i dont knw if i will be able to do it n i dont want to waste time so thts 1 question....
    2. The 85$ license is valid for 1 year n then i dont get support...But am i allowed to run my site after 1 year? or does it just SHUTS Down...like in IPB after 1 yr u dont have the acess to SUPPORT section but the site still runs....n its still legal...

3. Is USHOP free? or do i have to buy all the mods 2? {i really cant do that..dont have any $}

I think thats good for now
    Waiting for quick responses

1. You would need to have access to the IPB database to import the data.

2. No,, the leased license is only good for one year. When the license expires you need to either purchase another license or remove the software.

3. I don't know if that hack is free or not. We don't provide support for hacks. The place to ask is at www.vbulletin.org. It is currently unavailable right now but should be back up later.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Alot of modifications are released for free, but not all of them, The mod in question is free,

Comment

Okay

I do have acess to the IPB database...it is my website..so ya
        I WAS ASKING if a staff member could CONVERT it for me...n if it is possible to convert it without losing any data...i kinda dont like the 1 year part but i think i should be able to earn 185$ by 1 year to buy it forever

Comment

We do not have an import service available at this time, but we are available for help and support if you need it. Please view the online instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

okay
            Thanks for the fast replies guys
            But it is kinda complicated for me.

Comment

It is certainly worth it, what are you finding complicated

Comment

And an owned vBulletin license is $160, not $185. That's the cost of IPB's perpetual license.
                Forums

Comment

The mod community for vB is way bigger than the community for IPB. I got the leased lic last year and I'm about to buy the owned lic for my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Darax The Good
                    The mod community for vB is way bigger than the community for IPB. I got the leased lic last year and I'm about to buy the owned lic for my site.
                    Congrats Darax!
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by unknowngiver
                      okay
                      Thanks for the fast replies guys
                      But it is kinda complicated for me.
                      You should do the merge on a test forum before doing it on a live site, this will help you get an idea of how things work. Honestly it is a simple process to import a forum, it may seem like an impossible task at first but once you get moving on it things will start coming togther quickly.

Comment

Can anyone do it for me?
                        anyone experienced?

Comment

Do what?
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                            Do what?
                            Do the import. Though from IPB is one of the really simple imports, just about all the bugs have been ironed out of that importer now, install and click.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Are you volunteering Jerry?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X