Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I'm not a server guru so I really don't know if this is sufficient for 1500 concurrent users or not. My guess is that this level of activity would require multiple servers. You should post this in the Server Configuration forum.

Leave a comment:

• alone
    replied
    Thanks for your reply.

We are running MYSQL 4.0.24 on a Dual AMD 2800 with 2G of memory, 2 SATA Disks on Raid 0+1. No other services are running on that machine except MYSQL. We also replicated the table with forum posts on a Dual P3 1G with 2G ram and 4 U160 SCSI disks for searching purpose. (It takes about 30 sec to return results from a 800MB forum posts table)

During peak hours there are more than 1,000 users hanging on the site concurrently. There are about 8,000-12,000 new posts per day. We expect the number of concurrent user will grow to 1,500+ within 6 months provided that the platform is stable.

Feel free to let me know if you need more info about my site. We are tired of the obsoleted phpbb bundled with Xoops and wish to migrate to something which is really able to handle the traffic.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. Yes, there is a Xoops importer:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102412

2. This really depends on the server configuration. Define 'huge'?

3. Did you mean 'full text' search? Yes, this is a built-in feature in 3.5.0 Beta.

Leave a comment:

• alone
    started a topic Xoops and vBulletin

Xoops and vBulletin

Hi there,

I'm currently running a Xoops 1 site with 3.5 million messages. The boards seemed overloaded, causing several downtimes during a day and I'm looking for an alternative to replace Xoops' build-in phpbb, and vB seems promising.

I have a few questions to ask:
    1. is it possible to integrate vB with Xoops?
    2. can vB able to handle huge traffic? We are currently on a dual AMD 2800 server for MYSQL and it maxed out at about 1000 concurrent users.
    3. does vB provide full test search? (I heard there is a mod) does it support 2-byte asian font?

Thanks a lot in advance.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X