phpBB transfer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB transfer error

Hmmm.....ironic.....i'm trying to ask a question about a problem i'm having on my new vB 3.0.7 and I'm getting the same type of message as in the problem I'm trying to report when attempting to post a new thread in the "How do I forum" and problem forum??

Anyways, I'm transferring from phpBB to vB and seem to have managed to get all my users moved, but running into some problems. When I try to access the forum with a transferred account, I get the following message

, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    However, this works fine when I register for a new account. How can I correct this? Thanks.

I have other questions too, but hopefully someone can explain how I can post them in the correct forum first. Thanks in advance for your help.

To be able to download attachments and post in the support forums you need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address (the one you used to register on the forums) in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access that page.

Also please make sure you have activated your forum account by clicking on the link in the activation email after registering or changing you email address. You will not be able to post until you activate your account.

You can use this link to get the activation email again:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/regis...o=requestemail

And finally, when you make these changes the effect is not immediate. It takes a few minutes for the system to update your status.
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

Thanks for the help. I was able to solve both problems.....but I still have a few more. But thanks to you help, I'll be able to post them in the correct forum.

Comment

Originally posted by doc101
        Anyways, I'm transferring from phpBB to vB and seem to have managed to get all my users moved, but running into some problems. When I try to access the forum with a transferred account, I get the following message...
        I'm having the same problem. And actually I don't understand what Martin pointed out. I think it is for the way to activate my account for *this* forum, and I did.
        My problem is just like the description above. After importing user accounts from phpBB, I see the error message everytime I logging in with imported account. Created account is no problem.
        One thing that I'm suspecting is I'm running vBulletin with my laptop which is not registered for the license. I just want to set up the forum with my laptop before I upload everything on the server. It it going to be a problem?

Comment

Go Into User Permissons and find the "xxx Uploaded or Whaterver it says Transfered?xxx" and set them to being having the same Permissions as a regular member, the transfer messes them up for some reason.

Comment

Actually, the easiest way to deal with this is to delete the Imported Users usergroup. It will automatically set everyone to the default Registered usergroup.
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

thanks! it works now

Comment

Good to see you sorted it out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X