Importing users from a Drupal System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing users from a Drupal System

Is it possible? And is possible to syncrhonize the creation of users between the two systems?

Ty, Simon.

Could you post up what are the system requirements for Drupal? I couldn't pull up the info from their site.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

What do you refer with system requirements? It´s a cms based on php/mysql. Tell me what info do you need.

Ty, Simon.

Comment

If its using PHP/MySQL, there shouldn't be any problems codehacking both of em to share the same user database. However you'll be dealing with all custom code, and that will require codehacking on your part.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Ty for the answer Josh, but what type of codehack is needed? Give me a clue so I can investigate a little. Ty!

Comment

standard SQL Insert and Update

Comment

sure! But what I want is to syncrhonize the creation of users. So if one user creates an account on the drupal system, he can use the same account to post to the forums. Is that possible? Ty!

Comment

No. vBulletin 3.x series uses a completely different hashing method.

Drupal probably uses the standard MD5 hashing. vBulletin Doublehashes, and adds a salt to randomize it

Comment

Technically you COULD synchronize them by making it so that everytime drupal creates a user, you create a user on vB (using the vB system) and if a user logs in to drupal, the user also logs in to vB (set cookie susing the vB system) but thatd open your vB to so many more possible security issues, it probably wouldn't be worth it Plus, itd be a ton of PHP work.

Comment

True indeed. It is in theory possible to syncronize users, however to my knowledge, its easier to center things around vBulletin's platform and have it mass distribute data to the other databases.

Comment

Did you get it to work?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X