Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it run?

Hi guys

I am trying to get a BB up on my website with out much luck. The problem is I am using a web hosting co, not my own server, so I am limited with my options.

I have already tried phpBB with no luck, which led me here. Is there anyway I can get a trial version? Or perhaps a guarantee of refund if it will not load up?

You will have to go easy with me in your replies, this is all pretty new to me.

My web hosts are Pipex, running a windows server, PHP 4.7.2, and 1 MS SQL server 2000 database.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Unfortunately due to the visible source nature of PHP (the programming language vBulletin is written in), sending out trial copies is not a feasible option, as any limitations we put in could be very easily circumvented.

You can also download a test script to run on your server to see if it's compatible with vBulletin 3. You can get this script here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...701#post391701

Refunds are decided on a case-by-case basis.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thnx for the quick reply.

I tried to download the script but was not permitted access

Comment

OK I have just read the sticky, but I of course don't have a customer number.

Comment

Use this one: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...4&d=1092451328

Steve: Unlicensed users can only get the test script through the sticky thread in this forum.

Comment

thnx, I'll give it a go

Comment

OK I got the following-

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in {address}

guess I am out of luck?

Comment

Yes, this means that your server's PHP is not complied with MySQL support and/or you do not have MySQL installed.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok well thnx for your time Steve.

Comment

You probably should have gone with a linux host, VERY few linux hosts don't support PHP/MySQL and linux is far cheaper than windows too, a lot more handy and stable too.

Comment

ho hum, if only i knew It's all new to me, been a very steep learning curve. I have contacted my hosts to see if there is a way round it. If there isn't, I may ask if I can transfer to Linux.

I only went to windows as I assumed it would be a little easier for a complete noob.

Comment

PHP 4.7.2 ? hm..

Comment

sorry that should be 4.1.2

Comment

That is a badly outdated and insecure version of PHP. I would avoid any host that does not keep their servers up-to-date and secure.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

*shrug* it's with webfusion - unless their support files are out of date

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X