buying an "Owned" licence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying an "Owned" licence?

hi, i help run a website with a forum and we are looking to upgrade to vBulletin and are going to buy the owned licence which we will keep forever.

my question is, with this licence, will we have access to the downloads and member area forever or just 12 months then we have to pay again?
    Joe Budden - The Growth

Coming December 2005

An owned license allows you to run the software forever. You get one year of free upgrades with your license which can be downloaded from the Members' Area. After this the current cost is just $30/yr for continued access to new versions. However, this is optional and you are allowed to continue running your current version for as long as you like.

Comment

You will get access for a full year to the members area for downloading new updates, after that time you can update your access for a further year for $30.00, to which you gain access back for new updates.

This thou will not stop any sercurity updates, these you will always get for free
      Which is great.

Comment

ok, nice one, thats about £15.00 which is worth it for all the updates

thanks for the reply's
        Joe Budden - The Growth

Coming December 2005

Comment

another question,

am i allowed to upload and install the VB i download to 1 server to test out the installation before i do it onto the actual sever it will be on.

i will take it off the tester one its just so i can practise it smoothly before the actual install
          Joe Budden - The Growth

Coming December 2005

Comment

The license agreement allows for a second installation for your license for testing and development purposes but this must not be accessible publicly.

Please see the license agreement for further details.

Comment

is there a reason im not allowed to download Skins from the download forum on here?

says i dont have permission
              Joe Budden - The Growth

Coming December 2005

Comment

To be able download in these forums you must be a licensed customer
                and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxy
                  An owned license allows you to run the software forever. You get one year of free upgrades with your license which can be downloaded from the Members' Area. After this the current cost is just $30/yr for continued access to new versions. However, this is optional and you are allowed to continue running your current version for as long as you like.
                  so if you only buy a 1 yr licence baisicly if at the end of the year 3.5 is released you would only be able to stick with 3.5 and not update and keep it forever.

Comment

You seem confused, so I'll explain the licenses:

Owned License
                    Price: $160
                    With an owned license, you can keep your vBulletin online for as long as you want, but you won't be able to get upgrades after a year, unless you pay $30 for every additional year. Please note that you will still have access to the Member's Area to download any other version of vBulletin, but no further versions

Leased License
                    Price: $85
                    With a leased license you get 1 year access to the Member's Area, and then that's it, no more access. Also, you must shut down your forum after that year

Comment

Originally posted by PGN
                      You seem confused, so I'll explain the licenses:

Owned License
                      Price: $160
                      With an owned license, you can keep your vBulletin online for as long as you want, but you won't be able to get upgrades after a year, unless you pay $30 for every additional year. Please note that you will still have access to the Member's Area to download any other version of vBulletin, but no further versions

Leased License
                      Price: $85
                      With a leased license you get 1 year access to the Member's Area, and then that's it, no more access. Also, you must shut down your forum after that year
                      yer i get it thats wat i was saying about the owned you get 1 yr of updates and can keep it online as much as you want but cant update it now i dont know if i shoudl go ipb or vbulletin can any1 give me some tips on which way to go

Comment

Your best bet is to go for an owned licence with VB.

Most cost effective choice in long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian99
                          Your best bet is to go for an owned licence with VB.

Most cost effective choice in long run.
                          I reckon that vb is definatly a better forum but i like the ipb caus its licence gives you unlimited updates

Comment

unlimited subject to you having member access - you only need to renew this when you want to upgrade - maybe when a new version is released (first 12 months is included)

Comment

Originally posted by ausnrl
                              I reckon that vb is definatly a better forum but i like the ipb caus its licence gives you unlimited updates
                              What happens when your board is dieing, crashing, and your other software company turns you away because you haven't paid for support?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X