Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VB 3.5 Ajax Supported ? Any price Changes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB 3.5 Ajax Supported ? Any price Changes ?

Will there be any price differentiation setup by Jelsoft on new version release ?

Thanks for updates.

I should not think so, as I think don't think vbulletin has actually ever changed its price.

But better wait for a vb staff member to reply
    http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

Originally posted by John Miller
      Will there be any price differentiation setup by Jelsoft on new version release ?

Thanks for updates.
      There weren't any price change from vB1 -> vB2. There weren't any price changes from 2.0.3 -> 2.2.0. There weren't any from 2.2.9 -> 2.3.0. There weren't from vB2 -> vB3. I don't see them making a price change on 3.0.7 -> 3.5.0.

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
        There weren't any price change from vB1 -> vB2. There weren't any price changes from 2.0.3 -> 2.2.0. There weren't any from 2.2.9 -> 2.3.0. There weren't from vB2 -> vB3. I don't see them making a price change on 3.0.7 -> 3.5.0.
        Strange reply... you missed several frames... hm... we must ask.
        Were there any price change between 2.2.0 and 2.2.9 for example? Were there any price change between 2.3.0 and 3.0.7?
        Just curious.

Comment

We have never had any price increases in the 5 years we've been in business.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Woo hoo! That is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Good to know.

Comment

that could mean a price change soon though... sooner or later they will change it... but I dont think it would happen until at least v4
                http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

Actually if you consider inflation and the declining value of the US dollar, a vB license costs less today that is did 5 years ago.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

In the future
                    Will you increase the fees?
                    Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

I'm wondering about the new Quick Reply, it's really very Quick.
                      Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by miladkk
                        In the future
                        Will you increase the fees?
                        Probably - someday. However I know of no current plans to do this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by edogs
                          Strange reply... you missed several frames... hm... we must ask.
                          Were there any price change between 2.2.0 and 2.2.9 for example? Were there any price change between 2.3.0 and 3.0.7?
                          Just curious.
                          I was only pointing out the "major" increments and assuming that they wouldn't just increase it for a bug fix release. Either way, yeah, there have been no increases in price since vB was originally released.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT62089
                            that could mean a price change soon though... sooner or later they will change it... but I dont think it would happen until at least v4
                            The only real reason I could see for Jelsoft to increase the price would be due to piracy. After all, the more pirated copies of vBulletin that are on the 'net, the more money Jelsoft loses, which would warrant an ultimate price increase. But, as Steve has said, in the five years Jelsoft has been employed, the price has remained solid @ $85/year or a flat fee of $160.
                            Forums

Comment

People have interesting ideas about AJAX, as I posted in the Development thread.

It is not a "development environment" or a comprehensive feature being added to vB. It is not its own component.

Instead, parts of vB are being extended to do things that require bidirectional communication, ala AJAX. It's like a fresh coat of paint, or chrome.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X