Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiry - Intranet Capabilities

Hi,
    I am new to this whole idea. However my workplace has asked about the idea of setting up a discussion board on our intranet site. We are looking into it at the moment.

My Query is:

Can vBulletin be used on an intranet site, or is it only web based.

Is it easy to identify users if misdemenours are occuring within the forums.

Thanks

Yes, vBulletin may be used on an Intranet. See this thread, and in particular post #3 by Floris, for more information.

Comment

The IT contractor our company uses has installed vB on intranets and the board works like a charm on them. To the software, it sees the intranet server as a web server.
      Last edited by KimmiKat; Thu 19 May '05, 8:05am. Reason: Brain freeze.
      Kim

Comment

The linked thread doesn't really say anything about intranets except that you CAN use them and license requirements. It says nothing about feasability.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
          The linked thread doesn't really say anything about intranets except that you CAN use them and license requirements.
          Which is what, unless I misunderstood, the original poster was asking:
          Originally posted by waightma
          Can vBulletin be used on an intranet site, or is it only web based.
          As far as waightma's second question goes, I'm not the person to answer that as I haven't been around long enough (only since last night, really) to have any idea of what Jelsoft may or may not to ensure the legality of any content posted on their forum software. I'd assume nothing, unless it's dealing with the authenticity of the license itself, by looking at the License Agreement:
          Originally posted by Disclaimer of Warranty
          Jelsoft is not liable for the content of any message posted on a forum powered by the Software.

Comment

vBulletin works fine on an Intranet providing that your Intranet is powered by a webserver using PHP and MySQL. Installing and using the software would be no different than placing it on a webserver on the World Wide Web. The only difference between the Internet and an Intranet is the firewall preventing outside access in the case of an intranet.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X