Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchase Time

Hey,

I'd like to go ahead and purcahse the Owned Licence today, but I'd like to know how long it takes to process from each of these companies? The faster I can do this the better. Since I'll be using a credit card, do either one of the companies do instant transactions? I don't have that much free time to get it setup after today, so the faster I can get this the better.

Thanks in advance

i think i transferred my funds to my paypal account from my bank and then done it through there it was actually instant, i don't think doing it directly through CC would be slower, probably about half hour max wait if that, though it does actually say on the purchase page.

Comment

The order page says that credit card transactions can take up to 24 hours to approve, but 1-2 hours is much more likely. If you had orders at the time you made your post, you'd have your license info by now.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Gotcha thanks. I have to wait until 4:00PM EST (Another 2 hours) before I can do it anyways One more question...How long after recieving my licence will it take until I have access to the downloads on vbulletin.org?

Thanks Again

Comment

You need to first register on vbulletin.org, then enter the email address you used to register at vbulletin.org on this page:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

There have been some reports that this is case-sensitive so be sure to enter it *exactly* as registered. I have also heard that some people need to enter this email address in all three boxes.

Also please note that this change isn't immediate. It can sometimes take up to an hour before your license status is updated after adding your email address to that page.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hey Again,

I suppose that this is now a Post-Order question. I have successfully ordered VBulletin and have recieved my license. Just a couple of questions.

1. Is it possible to change the members area password?
            2. Do I have to enter my email address on that page? It already shows up as the owner email. Do I enter it a second time?

Thanks

Comment

1. You need to request a pacssowrd change from [email protected]. But you cannot choose your own password. We will have to generate a new random one for you.

2. You need to entter the email address you registered with on these forums.. You are still showing as unlicensed right now.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve.. the owner address in that list is the same one..EXACTLY as I registered with on these forums. Case sensitive. Do i have to enter it in to one of the three fields, or is it being in the owner address slot sufficient.

Comment

Also, I noticed that the files have my license number inside them...would this be a security risk if someone were to gain access to the files?

Comment

I tried to enter my email address even though it matches the owner address, but it just erases it. Both my email address are identical (in this forum and members area) why can't I access the downloads?

Comment

Originally posted by Nukey
                      Also, I noticed that the files have my license number inside them...would this be a security risk if someone were to gain access to the files?
                      I appear to be able to download now. Sorry for being impatient. Looks like I just need to wait a little while. I just need the above question answered and I think I'll be set.

Thanks Again!

Comment

You should be able to now -- you're showing up as licensed. It takes a few minutes to apply.

Comment

You are showing up fine now, it can take up to an hour to move you into the licensed area.

No, it does not contain your password anywhere, if we felt it a security risk we would not add it anywhere..

Comment

Thanks guys! I registered for vbulletin.org so that should be running soon too I suppose

Thanks Again.

Comment

Congrats on buying vBulletin!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X