This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help~ Few Question

Hi there, I had tried to demo version of the cpanel.. Im just wondering that how can i change the display name, avatar and other profile to the left hand site and not above of the thread?

I had tried to upload 100kb size jpg and it doesn't allow me to upload cos the default setting is 39.1kb! But when i tried to change the file size setting... it is 20000 byte i think.

And how to change the templates of the forum?

Hello k3nn4,

Nice to see you are looking into the admin demo of vBulletin. I will try to give you some answers on your questions:

Originally posted by k3nn4
    Im just wondering that how can i change the display name, avatar and other profile to the left hand site and not above of the thread?
    Showing the user information in postings above the psot or to the left of a post, is controled by a single switch in the vBulletin Settings.

To change the looks:
    AdminCP->vBulletin Options->vBulletin Options->Style & Language Settings ->
    Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template

I had tried to upload 100kb size jpg and it doesn't allow me to upload cos the default setting is 39.1kb! But when i tried to change the file size setting... it is 20000 byte i think.
    The maximum upload size can be controlled in the following ways:
    - Usergroup permissions. You can set a maximum overall upload size in the Usergroup settings screen. This will effect all the user belonging to that Usergroup
    - You can control the maximum size per Attachment Type (ie. .zip, .jpg, ....)
    Beside the vBulletin settings, you will also have to take the server limits into consideration.

And how to change the templates of the forum?
    AdminCP->Styles & Templates->Style Manager: Click on the "<<>>" symbol behind the Style.

This will open a list of all Templates belonging to this Style.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64
      Hello k3nn4,

Nice to see you are looking into the admin demo of vBulletin. I will try to give you some answers on your questions:

Showing the user information in postings above the psot or to the left of a post, is controled by a single switch in the vBulletin Settings.

To change the looks:
      AdminCP->vBulletin Options->vBulletin Options->Style & Language Settings ->
      Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template

The maximum upload size can be controlled in the following ways:
      - Usergroup permissions. You can set a maximum overall upload size in the Usergroup settings screen. This will effect all the user belonging to that Usergroup
      - You can control the maximum size per Attachment Type (ie. .zip, .jpg, ....)
      Beside the vBulletin settings, you will also have to take the server limits into consideration.

AdminCP->Styles & Templates->Style Manager: Click on the "<<>>" symbol behind the Style.

This will open a list of all Templates belonging to this Style.
      About the last answer that you told me right .... how can i actually change it to other style?

And i checked there is a icon showing my computer address -.-''

how to disable it ?

Comment

Not sure if i understand the first question right, but:
        If you install/create more then 1 Style, the user will be able to choose between the different Styles. This can be done from their UserCP, or from the Quick Style Picker dropdown at the bottom of each page.

The icon showing your IP (on post) will only show to members who have their Usergroup Permission set to be able to view IP's. By default only Administrators and Super Moderators can view IP.

Hope that answers your questions.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

k3nn4 runs vBulletin unlicensed, please don't help him.

Comment