Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snitz forums convert to vbulletin

• Okay i have a snitz forum atm and i want to transfer to vbulletin
    • firstly i do not have vb yet but have seen some of the sites here in australia that have changed over
    • second my snitz forum is on a ms sql db does vb run on ms sql or can it be imported to a vb script on mysql?
    • i can just do a fresh install but this would mean losing all the posts and members from my snitz forum site
    • is there a manual way of at least importing the members list

thanks for any help

Theres a few converters for moving to vB. I moved my forum from phpBB to vB without any problems. What software do you currently run?

Comment

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin software.

We do have a Snitz import script, please see this post on what can currently be imported.

Comment

thanks for that link cool

Comment

We have done last year the migration from Snitz (on a Windows server with MS SQL) to a linux machine with Vbulletin and MySQL as DB.

Some trubbels, but we migrate all or postings > 450.000 at time of migration. Then it was the first version of the import script of Jerry. Nice work of Jerry.

Regards,
          Peter

Comment

thanks for all the help
            1. im sure im going to need more
            2. just payed for a owned licence
            3. now i got a lot of reading to do
            4. fingers crossed for the crossgrade

Comment

im having problems with the import peoples passwords are not being reconized and its not letting them in

i would post this in the right section but it wont allow me here to do so

Comment

To post in the support forums you need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxy
                  To post in the support forums you need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
                  ah ok cool i will do now then

Comment

bugger thanks for that didnt realise it was that simple

Comment

We aim to make things simple

Comment

Passwords from Access to MySql

Originally posted by wilburshere
                        im having problems with the import peoples passwords are not being reconized and its not letting them in

i would post this in the right section but it wont allow me here to do so
                        I was told that if you have a Snitz board using MS-Access and convert it over to MySQL your user passwords will not work due to the different MD5 schemes that MySql or Access employs. I know this was true for me when I converted mine.

Just have the users click on "Forgot my password" and it should email them a new one
                        http://www.rcsailing.net/images/rc-sailing.net.png

Comment

Originally posted by chader144
                          I was told that if you have a Snitz board using MS-Access and convert it over to MySQL your user passwords will not work due to the different MD5 schemes that MySql or Access employs. I know this was true for me when I converted mine.

Just have the users click on "Forgot my password" and it should email them a new one
                          This thread is nearly 3 months old, I think he would have realised that by now.

Comment

Re: 3 months old

I realize that but just in case somebody who is like me and is still reading them and wants to know the answer or has a similar problem.
                            http://www.rcsailing.net/images/rc-sailing.net.png

Comment

Originally posted by chader144

So are the passwords still in the database? it's not a situation where all password data has been lost completely?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X