Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    Of course, provided PHP isn't in safe_mode, you don't have to store the files in the database, so you get around max_allowed_packet. You still have the PHP settings to deal with, but there's absolutely nothing that can be done there.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Considered setting up an FTP repository?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    not with the current stock vBulletin, it may be possible to do, but that sounds like a very advanced modification that could break future upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• Angry Coder
    replied
    I thought you are magicians man

What about splitting the binary data, for example if we have a file 6.4MB, you can store 1MB in each row, and then put it back when it's request it... is that impossible

Thanks for your follow-up.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    How can we do somthing that we cannot?

Thats like saying my body can only stand 200 degrees, but can I stand on the sun

However in this case it is possible as long as your host is not running in safemode. You are able to move attachments to the filesystem and then you will only be restricted by the max php upload limit. However I would suggest asking your host to raise max_allowed_packet to 4, 8, or 16M

Leave a comment:

• Angry Coder
    started a topic max_allowed_packet!

max_allowed_packet!

Hello,

I am wondering if vBulletin allow the uploading of > 1 MB file as an attachment even if MySQL max_allowed_packet is set to 1MB.

Thank you.