Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can user sessions be transferred seamlessly to vBulletin?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can user sessions be transferred seamlessly to vBulletin?

Hello, I was wondering if functionality existed in vBulletin that allowed for users that had already logged into my website to be able to seamlessly start using vBulletin without needing to log in a second time. Somehow, the session would be checked and get carried over to the vBulletin system.

Along the same lines, could vBulletin users be created from outside of the vBulletin system? When a user creates an account on my web system, I want that user to automatically have a vBulletin account created for them without needing to create an account again for vBulletin. Creating an account again for vBulletin would be redundant.

Two questions in all:
    1. Can users seamlessly be transferred to a vBulletin from an outside session?
    2. Can user vBulletin accounts be created automatically from an outside script?

Thanks,
    David

Both of these require custom coding which we do not officially support. You can try asking about this in the Pre-Sales forum at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      You can try asking about this in the Pre-Sales forum at www.vbulletin.org.
      I thought this was the pre-sales forum.

Comment

For this forum, yes. But code modifications (i.e., hacks) are not officially supported and if you want more info on these then vbulletin.org is the place to ask.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

it is he means the one at vbulletin.org, though.
          EDIT: you beat me, lol

Comment

Ah! I follow you now.

Comment

To answer both of your questions: Yes and yes . It's really easy and don't even require modifying vB's code.

Comment

• nesh321
                nesh321 commented
                Editing a comment
                hi icheb, how is it done?

You replied to a ten year old thread to a user who hasn't logged in in 7 years.

Comment

It would have required having your existing software add a session to the session table in the vBulletin database. This doesn't require modifying vBulletin's code but does require custom code be written to accomplish this.

Likely a question best asked on the software you are trying to connect to VB's forum and/or vBulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X