No announcement yet.

Post Via Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we all please keep in mind this is a pre-sales forum and not a feature-request/discussion forum?

vBulletin has a mailing list feature; you can select usergroups and write a plain-text email and mass mail everybody. Users can select to receive these emails or not, and admins have an option to override user selection.

Comment

Originally posted by dwessell
      Does vBulletin allow users to post to the forums via email, and recieve the posts back, via email?

Thanks
      David
      Personally, I have been looking at this feature for over 2 years now and would like it put in. If I knew more about programming interaction with a mail server, I would look into it more in depth and see what I could do. Might just commission it as a plug-in eventually.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

cool off guyz.
        why all member argue on an enquiry thread?

everyone had their likes and dislikes aldo the same for needs and dont needs.
        Some comments and suggestion only, why turn into an arguement?

seriously i love this features but considering the amount of users who may be posting via email.

the amount of spam mail spymail. The system may be over-flood in my view. but however maybe it will be nice. i dunno. let vb developers look into and see in future.

Comment

Hello everyone,

After much testing, mod-ing etc with free software such as phpBB and Fudforum, it looks like vBulletin may be what I need; not least because of the WYSIWYG text editor.

However, I am very keen to add on the mail-list functionality shown at the url below, even though it sounds like it requires an external mail list manager.

Before I even consider buying a licence, can any users please tell me whether I should be able to 'definitely' install the mail list hack? This would be quite central to my use of vBulletin.
          ie, users here who have installed the mod might like to tell me how difficult it was to do, how stable it is, etc. I can't post at vbulletin.org to ask them.

many thanks.

the url : -

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65152

Comment

If you register at vbulletin.org you will be able to post in the Pre-Sales section.
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Making vBulletin into a functional mailing list and a forum would be very difficult. A mailing list is basically a hack for the email system as it is. Frankly, if your users want a mailing list, either your forum moves very slowly or they need to stop living in 1990.

Comment

thanks, I hadn't seen or tried that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                  Can we all please keep in mind this is a pre-sales forum and not a feature-request/discussion forum?

vBulletin has a mailing list feature; you can select usergroups and write a plain-text email and mass mail everybody. Users can select to receive these emails or not, and admins have an option to override user selection.
                  I know this is not in the proper place, but wanted to respond anyway. Seems you don't understand the request.

The "mailing list" feature of vBulletin is nothing like what I believe we're discussing here.

The feature I would like to see is for a user to have the option of receiving every message posted via email and that same user being able to reply to that message via email and it be properly posted to vBulletin.

Currently the strongest option available is to receive messages posted via email but only to those threads subscribed to. The user can't reply to that message and have it posted, nor can the user receive new threads via email without manually subscribing.

Comment

Cm2f

Hello All,

just to inform that i have been working on the port of my application CM2F -Mail 2 forum tool - to Vbulletin.

At this moment i have the admin interfaces fully integrated with Vbulletin and i am moving on to the metalayer and morph feature that will alllow me to have the Mail2Forum and Forum2Mail features adapted.

Since i am working at the same time on 3 different forums, in order to take the sinergy of the sql customizations, i think that I will be able to have some snapshots available soon.

Netherless i have a problem regarding a demo site, as I don't have my own copy of the software and i am using production version of a helper.

Does some one know if Vbulletin have some kind of Tryout version, or some special license for 3rd party integrators? This would allow me to make available a demo site as well and to accelerate the developpment.

Regards,
                    D.

Comment

If security etc is that big a deal, have only admins able to choose (by usergroup) who can post via email. Create a special usergroup or something and make everyone else do things normally. digitalgraal, vB does not have a tryout version, but you could make a test account availible for people on one of the sites (if you own them/have the owner's permission).

Comment

I seriously need this as i have MANY users that travel and need this ability.
                        It could be secured buy 1000 different methods, ALL related to spam filtering techniques already in place. You could have the email headers searched and check to make sure that the sending IP has a MX for a server that then can be asked of that user exists. very simple.

I dont think this has been thought through on how it COULD be done, only why it shouldn't.

Our Vbulletin forum is in atrophy and slowly whitherin away due to the massive travel schedules that our users have.

If it keeps up, there will be no reason to renew our vbulletin contract as the board will be dead by then.

Our users have enjoyed the forum when they have web access, but have NO way to reply or post on the road without it.

Please, i have searced for listserver hacks, etc. and cannot find one.

I would pay a modest fee for a real Vbulletin sanctioned listserver interface for Vbulletin.

Comment

I think you may want to post this in the service request forum for vb.org since your willing to pay... I think that will be the quickest and easiest way and given some of the sentiments, others may be willing to chip in and join you.
                          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Hello,

thank you for the suggestion about the antispam, i was already into coding it for a while, but i have not had the time.
                            What i as thinking is in trying to accelerate the plugin architecture to CM2F, that way, it would be easy to introduce new functionalities.

At this moment, i am finishing the adapation of the Administration INterfaces from CM2F into Vbulletin and i should be able to go in beta test phase for Vbulletin.

The main problem that i have is called lack of time. I am about to go also in beta phase for the SMF Forum, so i don't know if i would be able to keep up with two beta phases at the same time.

The tests that i have been doing are working correctly there some glitches but i think that they will be quickly closed.

Who whould be available to help me beta test CM2F?

Regards,
                            D.

Comment

VPN's

I have been trying to implement a new vb forum internally of my company but they will not allow a server to be outside of our firewalls so you have to use VPN to be able to access the forum. This doesn't work for most of us because of the different networks we are on inhibiting the vpn ability. Therefore, a different forum software was chosen because it had the ability to reply via e-mails. VB is still the best but I lost this battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddlywolf
                                I have been trying to implement a new vb forum internally of my company but they will not allow a server to be outside of our firewalls so you have to use VPN to be able to access the forum. This doesn't work for most of us because of the different networks we are on inhibiting the vpn ability. Therefore, a different forum software was chosen because it had the ability to reply via e-mails. VB is still the best but I lost this battle.
                                Please set yourself up to receive priority support. You're obviously running vBulletin but am currently still showing up as unlicensed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X