Transfering from phpBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering from phpBB

I run a site that is using phpBB, it has alot of activity and I dont want to restart all over. Can you transfer phpBB data to vBulletin boards?

If you can is it hard?

Yes, you can import phpBB2.0.x into vBulletin 3.0.7, nope, its fairly painless

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...06&postcount=2 This is the status of the phpBB2 importer.

Comment

yes you can do it, via Impex and as i have heard it is extremely easy to do so

Comment

Yes very easy to do. Just follow the directions provided by the manual and you'll have no problems.

Comment

I just imported my old phpBB 2.0.13 forum to my spiffy new vB forum and while the process was easy as pie, it does take a while to customize all the imported users and forums (there are so many COOOOL new feaures and controls!). But other than that, I just took the plunge! And I tell you, I don't regret it one bit!!

phpBB is to an AMC Gremlin where as vBulletin is to a 2005 Lincoln Town Car!!
          A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
          vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

its very easy.

Comment

I'm also doing the same thing as MuTeD. I'm incorporating all of my old content from my old phpBB into my new vb forum. However it seems to be a lengthy process reuploading the old tables from my old database. (SQL file is 70 meg in size)

I see you can do it using 2 ways, either by the database or by the file content.

Which way was better for you guys who already done it?

I'm just trying to get this going as soon as, it's been uploading my SQL tables for hours and hours.

Any tips is appreciated.

Comment

Apologies if this should have been in another topic.

Comment

Use Impex J0nny it's automatic. You can get it in the members area from http://www.vbulletin.com/members/import.php
                  A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
                  vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X