lease license to Owned License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lease license to Owned License

About two months a need to renew my license.
    Now i think that i want to buy the license (Owned license)
    What i wonder is , must i update the forum or can use the forum what i now use.
    That's what i prefer,because this is running good now and i don't want install everything again.
    Is this possible and what if i now buy the license?
    I mean normal it must be renew on juni so if i now buy when must i than again pay ( $30 i mean)

Thanks for the answer

Yes, you can renew your license and choose the owned option. The owned license gives you the right to run vB forever and access to the download section of the Member Area for one year. After that year you can renew your access to downloads for only $30 (current price.)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Does that mean that i can use the forum as now online and that i don't have to update the scripts?

Comment

You be able to use your current set up but it be your for life Unless you wish to update it at any point, but once the year is up, you will need to pay the small amount of $30 to get updates. Thou all sercuirty patches are always FREE Ah i love vB.

Comment

hrmm i think that is wrong, If you own a leased license you get 1 years worth of use out of it then you need to purcahse a renewal of sorts.

i think what aberg is tryign to say is that IF he upgrades to an owned license will he need to update his backend scripts (considering all files have a license number in them etc etc) OR can he jsut purchase the owned license and his forum will still be covered.

and aberg, in answer to your question. i would say no, you dont have to change your files.. as they are the same files.. but thats not an official reply

Comment

Thanks Reaktor7,
            You are right that's what i mean.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X