wat all do i need to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wat all do i need to do

ok i want vbulletin im gonna get about 100 post a day and is it 85 dollars a year and after i get a license wat can i do

It's $85/year for a leased license, and a one-time fee of $160 for the owned license. If you plan to run vBulletin for more than a year, the owned license is cheaper. With both licenses, you can download updates to the software for one year. After one year, you can optionally pay $30/year, with each $30 earning you one more year. So, if you payed $190 up front, you'd get the owned license, along with two years of updates.
    Forums

Comment

so now i need a hosting company and buy this vbulletin is that correct

Comment

Yes. vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 4.1.0) and MySQL (minimum 3.23.33) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

Note, for best performance and security I recommend the following versions:

PHP 4.3.10
        MySQL 4.0.24
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Web Hosting Talk.com has unbiased reviews of web hosting.

for example Site5 ($6.95 plan).

P.S. I do not work for Site5.

Comment

Before you go with anyone... really look at the complaints... FWIW, I have about 15 websites hosted with Catalog.com as they are really cheap ($35/year)... BUT I have had really bad luck lately with my SQL databases crashing... Hell, I lost two more today!

Really, look at this VERY CAREFULLY as you want a good inexpensive option to start but you want someone that is relaible and that can later upgrade you to a good dedicated server later if your forums get moving...

Oh yea, did I say you want CRON... it is the key to setting up automatic backups on a server and it can keep your hair in your head when you forget to back up your database... I am about bald after the week I have had because I have not been good at backing things up... vB is goint to help save me from myself!
            Quarterbore
            Last edited by Quarterbore; Thu 24 Mar '05, 8:33am.
            vBClassified.com
            TimeshareForums.com

Comment

$35 a year is extremely suspicious. I think anything less than $80 is a gamble.

Comment

£20/month for 500gigs colo does me

Comment

You really would need to do some research. Some users have comment about Site5 asking them to move when their mboards got a little busy.

Originally posted by feldon23
                  Web Hosting Talk.com has unbiased reviews of web hosting.

for example Site5 ($6.95 plan).

P.S. I do not work for Site5.
                  Kim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X