Want to go VB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to go VB

Friends & I set up a forum (we are programming-CLUELESS) and a friend's husband steered us to phpBB - he helped us set it up and was a great resource - problem is ANY time we want to do anything we either have to ask him (because there is no tech support - just a forum and i have not had success there) or retain programmers to help us with mods and upgrades, etc... So I did the admin demo today for VB and fell in love -

here are my questions: we use someone for hosting now so would the only fees be:
    1. Leased license of $85
    2. Conversion support to help us move our phpBB to VB?
    3. Any monthly fees?

I have to say i wish i had found vb sooner - it looks just so clean and professional - thanks in advance for any advice or information you can impart..

Leased License = 1 year fee; you must renew it the year(s) after that; howeve,r yes, that is the entry fee for license.

Conversion support is free, if you have problems with the ImpEx system, you can easily ask any community member to help int he support forums and or start support ticket in the member area to ask for further support from the developers.

Monthly fee? The only monthly fee I can think of is the hosting fee. If you don't account for hosting, then vB is free for the duration of your license (hint: I suggest owned license, that means vB is practically free for the rest of your life!).

Cheers
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

If you plan on running your community for over a year, get the $160 owned license, as it will be cheaper than the $85 leased license. The owned license is a one-time fee, minus the optional $30/year for upgrades. The leased license is a required $85/year, along with the optional $30/year for upgrades.
      Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X