Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of Buying

Hello,

I am thinking of buying this for my site, I currently use a chat room, and we have our normal regs. But I think a forum would be more popular for those who don't like to chat and it will also be a way for people to communicate at all times of the day.

As of right now I have a website hosted on GoDaddy, it is just the basic service. Just want to check if I would be able to host this forum with my current service. I have 500MB space, I only use about 50mb for my site. It is linux/PHP and MySQL.

I know all about html, but don't know much of anything about MySQL. Am I going to have a difficult time trying to get this set up? I will most likely purchase the $160, but I don't want to really pay someone to set it up so I can know what exactly is going on, on my site.

Thanks

GoDaddy has disabled many many security functions inside of php that will limit vBulletin.

However, the instaltion of vBulletin will require, that you make a database, and a username in mysql that can connect to your database (if you can't do this your host should be able to help). Upload the files, Edit 1 of the files, and click on some buttons.

The install process is fairly painless.
    Boxy
    Last edited by Boxy; Fri 18 Mar '05, 8:22am. Reason: Should say things like that about hosts, even if may be true.

Comment

Yikes, maybe I shouldn't put a forum on my site then. I don't want to have problems, especially after paying $160. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

What types of functions will be disabled if I host this on GoDaddy? I am really interested in having this for my website, but I don't want to have limited features for the price of $160.

Comment

Contact GoDaddy and ask them which PHP functions are disabled for the plan you are on.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank I just sent them an email.

Also if anyone else here has the basic plan with Go Daddy and you use VB please let me know what experience you have had with it.

Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X