Crashed!!! Leasing vB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed!!! Leasing vB

I am leasing the vB today I just want to make sure my server is compatible.
    I am just a beginner.

I have mysql version mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.16
    php version PHP 4.3.10

Is it compatible? I don't want to use the phpBB forum. Please help

There is a script you can download from here that will test your server to see if vb will run on it. You should try that first.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Yeah, Thanks I ran the script I Passed overall but I failed "magic_quotes_gpc"
      Is this OK
      "magic_quotes_gpc should be off for optimal performance, ask your host to change this in php.ini"

And do I need a proffessional Installation
      Last edited by asarum007; Thu 17 Mar '05, 12:36pm.

Comment

Originally posted by asarum007
        Yeah, Thanks I ran the script I Passed overall but I failed "magic_quotes_gpc"
        Is this OK
        "magic_quotes_gpc should be off for optimal performance, ask your host to change this in php.ini"

And do I need a proffessional Installation
        Installation is very easy in my opinion. If you want to transfer from another board it is hard but they will help you a lot. You may want to ask your host to modify the php.ini file.

Comment

You won't have a problem running vB with magic quotes off.

Also MySQL 4.0.16 has a bug that caused occasional database corruption. I recommend upgrading to 4.0.23.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How will I upgrade? Do I have to upgrade it myself or calll my webhoster.
            And thanks for the comment.
            I've been reading the online installation manual online It's pretty complicated

Comment

Your web host will need to upgrade MySQL on the server.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X