Lease Or Owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease Or Owned

vBulletin Owned License or lease license?

I have VB for long now, on a lease license each year, but I was wondering what are the benefits of having an owned license VS lease license?

Owned is yours i belive and leased you are effectively renting off VB it is cheaper to out buy it.

Rich

Comment

An owned license is cheaper, believe it or not. The only real reason you should purchase a leased license is: A) You are running a temporary community, or B) You simply want to try out the vBulletin software. (And there is always a free online demo.)
      Forums

Comment

Oh, I just assumed I would have to pay $160 each year on the owned license?

Thank you

Comment

For the owned licence it is a one off fee.

Rich

Comment

I feel really

Great, thanks

Comment

Leased = $85/year
              Owned = $160 once, + optional $30 for each additional year of download access IE: if you buy now, choose to not have member area download package for the year 2006, simply don't pay the $30 until you need access. This allows administrators to say: I'll just patch using the init.php or whatever file they provide in the critical updates, and continue using 3.0.x; and get 3.X.X or 4.X.X when it comes out a few years down the road without having to pay anything in between
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

You are so awesome!

Thank you!

Comment

It really is cheaper to own the license. I thought about it for a while before I purchased the license. I think it's better to only pay $30 a year than to buy the license later on down the road kicking myself all the way!
                  ~*Sara*~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X